Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 3g, 3gs repairs...

• 15-06-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Hi all...
    Have a few iphones here in need of repair

I got sick of paying to fix my own iphone so started doctoring it myself...pretty bad idea for me all round!

firstly the 3gs needs a 6r8 coil replacement i'm told because i changed the lcd myself and didnt power off the board before i reconnected it and now the backlight doesnt work.

then i have two 3g iphones, 1 8gb and 1 16gb.

the 8gb one has a crack on the board right at the do not remove sticker and it doesnt have a great signal at times so by reading online I'm told this could be because of this crack.

the 16gb one has a prob at the sim tray...I'll try to take a photo and post it so you can see what I mean but basically the connection that tells the iphone that a sim card is inserted is broke...this is the little gold connection that runs right along the bottom of the sim card tray/slot. how can this be fixed? is there any way that it can be bridged etc to make the iphone think that a sim card is installed at all times??

I'm moving to blackrock tomorrow to start a new job so will be around dublin for the forseeable and if anyone thinks they can fix them for a reasonable price or knows some place to go to get them fixed it would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Advertisement