Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rihanna concert Dublin 2013

Options
  • 15-06-2013 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi all :)
    I got tickets to see rihanna in Dublin on the 21st of June and they are golden circle ones, so I was wondering what time should my friend and I start to queue outside so we can get up the front?
    We're nt from Dublin so we'll have to be getting the train or bus up so it can't be extremely early.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Probably want to start queing by at least lunch time really. Hardcore dubs will be queing from the morning but many from the south anyway will be in a similar situation (especially Cork people)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

aoifemcg94 wrote: »
    Hi all :)
    I got tickets to see rihanna in Dublin on the 21st of June and they are golden circle ones, so I was wondering what time should my friend and I start to queue outside so we can get up the front?
    We're nt from Dublin so we'll have to be getting the train or bus up so it can't be extremely early.
    Thanks.

Hiya,

If its a similar stage set-up to Robbie last night, I'd say if you're there by 12pm-1pm you'll get a front row spot.

There's usually room for 200-300 people along the front row according to the security lads we were chatting to last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Anniebell wrote: »
    Hiya,

If its a similar stage set-up to Robbie last night, I'd say if you're there by 12pm-1pm you'll get a front row spot.

There's usually room for 200-300 people along the front row according to the security lads we were chatting to last night.

Ahh Jes as much as I'd love to see her up close I don't think I'd be able to handle waiting for that long esp when we'll be hitting the tiles afterwards.
    Thanks though it'll give me a good idea:)

Also does anyone know is it the Luas or the Dart you take from Connolly to get to Lansdowne?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Who's supporting her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Also does anyone know is it the Luas or the Dart you take from Connolly to get to Lansdowne?

Get the DART from Connolly

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Who's supporting her?

GTA and HAIM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

GTA and HAIM

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭jupiter00

Do they allow ipad to take pictures of Rihanna at the concert instead of a camera?

whirlpool wrote: »
    Who?

I dunno really, just saw it on her Facebook page.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GTA and HAIM

When she was in the O2 she had Calvin Harris opening for her, (which was pretty sweet!), so surely they must be some bit decent if they're opening for Rihanna!

As mentioned anyway, I saw her in the O2 and it was fantastic so even if it's half as good as that you're in for a treat, particularly if you get up close!!!!

Enjoy it and have a good time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Yeah I looked them up, absolutely woeful! Pity because David Guetta is supporting her on some of her UK dates.

I know it's kinda annoying that David Guetta is in London but can't make it over here.

I went to see Katy Perry in the o2 the last time she was here and had standing tickets. We started queuing at like half 5 and got up to the very front like at the barrier. Would I need to be much earlier for rihanna?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭spanishgem

Because its outside in a residential area, do you think she has to be off stage at a certain time? I'm wondering what time she'll take stage herself and finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

spanishgem wrote: »
    Because its outside in a residential area, do you think she has to be off stage at a certain time? I'm wondering what time she'll take stage herself and finish?

Yes. It will be over by 11pm. Robbie came on around 9 and was finished before 11 so id say she will be something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Anniebell wrote: »
    Hiya,

I'd say if you're there by 12pm-1pm you'll get a front row spot.

Are ya well in the head, queing up for that long just to stand for another 9 odd hours in the gold circle where ya cant move an inch with all the sweaty young ones hovering around you...no thanks.

Im taking my time and standing at the back of the gold circle with a beer in my hand bouncing along :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Tempted to get tickets for this.ya reckon its gonna be very messy with young ones?

Also hotels and hostels seemed jammed!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

jupiter00 wrote: »
    Do they allow ipad to take pictures of Rihanna at the concert instead of a camera?

I doubt they will care much if you bring it since I've seen it at other gigs (The O2), but for the sake of the people behind you I'd leave it at home. Concerts/Gigs have been become bad enough with people using their phone to record the event for the sake of putting their shaky footage on YouTube, in the end it only obstructs the view of the people behind you, granted it wouldn't be so bad if you're in a seated area that's got a slope.. Personally I'd recommend a small digital camera if you have one, you'll probably end up with better pictures in the long run.

Also I'd be aware of the pick pockets at venues like these, I've noticed a trend in people getting pick pocketed for phones etc. in the tightly packed crowd, the genuine concert goer is generally distracted by the entertainment and doesn't noticed it happening.

Also for those asking about GTA, They're a Miami DJ/Producer duo who have been breaking through in the electronic music world this year, The only way I could describe their sound is hip/hop infused with a soulful, tropical vibe! They've got some serious groove on the dance floors that they've played to but they've probably made their sets a little more "pop" friendly on the Rihanna tour..

http://soundcloud.com/wearegta/gta-death-to-genres-vol-1-mix

bigpink wrote: »
    Tempted to get tickets for this.ya reckon its gonna be very messy with young ones?

Also hotels and hostels seemed jammed!

will be jammed with 12 year olds screaming their heads off :D

Yeah hotels our out of the question for the night unless you willing to pay €200 or more

Should be a good gig though, looking forward to it, gutted about david G not playing :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

What did everyone who went think of her Aviva gig? I personally thought her last tour - LOUD was better with the setlist and the stage production.

ciaramc wrote: »
    What did everyone who went think of her Aviva gig? I personally thought her last tour - LOUD was better with the setlist and the stage production.

My First Rhianna gig...I thought it was brilliant, she was pure class, the setlist was very good...it was mostly the new album with a few other hits. I would definitely go see her again.

One con was the way she kept mentioning how Dublin was her favorite place in the world and all that jazz....No need to bull**** us :pac: I guess all artists do it though.

Advertisement