Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in Boston

Options
  • 15-06-2013 3:12pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    3 friends of mine have gone over to Boston for the summer/3 months.They had planned to live/work there for 7-8 weeks and then then use the remaining weeks to travel around.
    They were looking for a place round dorchester, adams village or savin hill but they can't seem to find anything.
    They've tried sites like craigslist, hotpads, sublet.com, and estate agents.
    Problem seems to be they want a 3 month lease at the very least or there way too expensive.I think there budget is 1500 or something.
    Anyone have any ideas?

(they do have a back up plan of new york where some1 can sort them out with house/work but they prefer to stay in boston)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

check out www.homwaway.com.... used them a couple of times and were great for appartments or house's... Used it last year to stay in an appartment in the North End of Boston.. Boston can be an expensive city to rent in , but its a fab place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    3 friends of mine have gone over to Boston for the summer/3 months.They had planned to live/work there for 7-8 weeks and then then use the remaining weeks to travel around.
    They were looking for a place round dorchester, adams village or savin hill but they can't seem to find anything.
    They've tried sites like craigslist, hotpads, sublet.com, and estate agents.
    Problem seems to be they want a 3 month lease at the very least or there way too expensive.I think there budget is 1500 or something.
    Anyone have any ideas?

(they do have a back up plan of new york where some1 can sort them out with house/work but they prefer to stay in boston)

They aren't going to be able to rent in Boston for $1500, not for a 3-bedroom anyway. Instead of looking for an apartment, they should be looking to sublet a room from a student - you can pretty much trip and fall and find a room this time of year. However, on average, even a room is going to run around $800/month, especially if it is near the T. And there are going to be far fewer rooms for rent in Dorchester - they are better off looking in Cambridge (which is also on the Red Line) or Allston/Brighton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Boston is ridiculously expensive, you'd even struggle to find a decent one bed for $1,500 a month.

You'll have to have a look at places at the very end of the T routes. Like out West by Cleveland Circle in Brighton or inNorth Somerville or Medford and maybe Quincy in the South.

Advertisement