Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exam papers

Options
  • 15-06-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi I hope some one can give me a little advice. My daughter is going into third year this year and she got her book list the other day. She has to get a number of exam papers for each subject and I was told the price of these exam papers are covered by my medical cars. Is this true and if so how do I go about it.

Thanking You. :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    Hi I hope some one can give me a little advice. My daughter is going into third year this year and she got her book list the other day. She has to get a number of exam papers for each subject and I was told the price of these exam papers are covered by my medical cars. Is this true and if so how do I go about it.

Thanking You. :)

No, I have a medical card, and I still had to pay :mad: ;)
    I heard the exam paper rumour and I went in and asked and they said no

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

zubikhan wrote: »
    No, I have a medical card, and I still had to pay :mad: ;)
    I heard the exam paper rumour and I went in and asked and they said no

Thanks very much for your reply. Its not what I wanted to hear but whats new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

I think they meant the junior cert fee is covered by a medical card, not the school materials

Yeah, My medical card covered the 109 or something Euros, heheh ;)

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    I think they meant the junior cert fee is covered by a medical card, not the school materials

Hi I heard that the junior cert fees were covered before but I tought that this was changed now. Are you saying the junior cert fees are still covered. I know the medical card dont cover school books but I did hear that the exam papers were covered. I will contact citizens advice as they might give def. answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Hi I heard that the junior cert fees were covered before but I tought that this was changed now. Are you saying the junior cert fees are still covered. I know the medical card dont cover school books but I did hear that the exam papers were covered. I will contact citizens advice as they might give def. answer

Your daughter herself needs a medical card, yours won't cover it, to my knowledge.

zubikhan wrote: »
    Yeah, My medical card covered the 109 or something Euros, heheh ;)

Thanks zubikhan, for the information. At least I know now that fees are covered so thats out of way. I expecting too much in thinking any more is covered:)

Thanks zubikhan, for the information. At least I know now that fees are covered so thats out of way. I expecting too much in thinking any more is covered:)

Well, you could always buy used exam papers(around 2 or 3E) on adverts.ie or from someone, and then print out the 2013 exam papers your self, that is only if you want your daughter to study during the summer, other wise you would be better off waiting until September for the 2013

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

If your daughter has a medical card WITH HER NAME then she doesn't have to pay the Junior Cert fee. If she doesn't have one WITH HER NAME then she pays. I had no medical card WITH MY NAME so I had to pay. ;)

If your daughter has a medical card WITH HER NAME then she doesn't have to pay the Junior Cert fee. If she doesn't have one WITH HER NAME then she pays. I had no medical card WITH MY NAME so I had to pay. ;)

Good to see you didn't get it easy for once. Not enough virgins left to get a medical card, eh?

Also, jokes aside, DublinArnie is correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Good to see you didn't get it easy for once. Not enough virgins left to get a medical card, eh?

Also, jokes aside, DublinArnie is correct.
    :pac: I don't need a medical card ... my bones are made out of metal and my immune system is crafted through years of eating constant oranges ;).

I know i'm right, why would I give false information?:confused:

:pac: I don't need a medical card ... my bones are made out of metal and my immune system is crafted through years of eating constant oranges ;).

I know i'm right, why would I give false information?:confused:

Information backed by 2 people is worth more than by a single person. That's the only reason I said it.

Advertisement