Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice Please on Sennheiser Headphones

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

No personal experience but have read an abundance of threads with people saying wireless isn't a good as a sound as wired. Any specific reason you're looking at Wireless sets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Have the 400's. They are decent enough but not a patch on the HD-25II's. They don't go quite loud enough for my liking and aren't punchy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Lunafizzle

marko93 wrote: »
    No personal experience but have read an abundance of threads with people saying wireless isn't a good as a sound as wired.

Interrrrrresting - no real reason tbh, just in terms of portability wireless seemed like the way to go.

In terms of what I'm after:
    - A well built set as a flimsy set would last me no length
    - Moderate sized cans - nothing too bulky, as I want to be able to travel with them; I've had cumbersome sets in the past that gave me migraines from wearing them. I also hate cans that are tiny as they just aren't comfortable.
    - Noise cancellation would also be preferable - I want to be able to feel enveloped in my music :o
    - Also I want minimal outside sound leakage

My budget would be 250 max (would love to be able to afford more, but funds aren't allowing atm :rolleyes:).

Also, not sure if it's relevant, but I'd mainly listen to rock music. ;)

They are certainly a good quality set. I have had mine a year and put some serious flying miles on them. The carry case etc you get with them is handy.

They are also pretty compact. The noise cancellation is effective but I wish the volume was higher.

They are certainly a good quality set. I have had mine a year and put some serious flying miles on them. The carry case etc you get with them is handy.

They are also pretty compact. The noise cancellation is effective but I wish the volume was higher.

Would you have to have the sound pretty high in the mm400's to block outside sound? Or do the just block it out regardless? Yeah, they seem really portable with the folding mechanism and case - that and the wireless are what drew me in :cool:

• Advertisement

Lunafizzle wrote: »
    Would you have to have the sound pretty high in the mm400's to block outside sound? Or do the just block it out regardless? Yeah, they seem really portable with the folding mechanism and case - that and the wireless are what drew me in :cool:

When flying, I have generally had them maxed out and still wanted a wee bit more in order to completely block out the noise.

HD 25s as mentioned fit most of the requirements. For noise canceling maybe the Logitech UE6000s(pretty sure its those ones). Tried the UEs myself in England and they were decent enough.

Thanks marko93 for the advice - I'm going to see if I can get a look at both of them IRL before deciding :)

Lunafizzle wrote: »
    Thanks marko93 for the advice - I'm going to see if I can get a look at both of them IRL before deciding :)

Arnotts in town have some headphones to try, don't remember which ones. Good luck. Keep us posted! :-)

Advertisement