Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dry shampoo for fair hair

• 15-06-2013 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to get a dry shampoo for fair/light brown hair.

I've tried Basiste in the past and didn't like it at all, it left white, almost dandruff like stuff (powder?) in my hair and my hair felt as if I'd sprayed a tin of hairspray on it, it was horrible.

I usually have to wash my hair every 2-3 days as it gets greasy, but if I could get a decent dry-shampoo and wouldn't leave a white powder-like substance in my hair and wouldn't leave it feeling like I'd put hairspray on it I could get away with washing it once every five days or so.

Can anyone recommend a good, not too expensive dry shampoo for fair/light brown hair that won't do any of the above?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭Vooice

Have you tired the Baptiste hint of colour range?

http://www.batistehair.co.uk/products/light-medium-dark-red

It goes on significantly less white, if that's any help. Can't think of anything else.

It is great actually if you have roots, I can get an extra few weeks out of my colour using it. In fact, when I start using it to prolong my colour, someone invariably asks if I've gotten my hair done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Umberto Gianni Morning After dry shampoo dries clear, not white. It also doesn't smell as offensive (to me) as the Batiste ones. It's often on offer in Boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Don't go near that Batiste coloured one for blondes. It's like spreading yellow talc on your head! I use the regular Batiste, have to say I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I found the blonde batiste good when I had highlights, didn't appear yellow on my hair, but the smell is awful! Try before you buy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Vooice wrote: »
    Have you tired the Baptiste hint of colour range?

http://www.batistehair.co.uk/products/light-medium-dark-red

It goes on significantly less white, if that's any help. Can't think of anything else.

It is great actually if you have roots, I can get an extra few weeks out of my colour using it. In fact, when I start using it to prolong my colour, someone invariably asks if I've gotten my hair done!
    I don't colour my hair at all, its naturally brown/fair.

Thanks for your suggestion.
    dee_mc wrote: »
    Umberto Gianni Morning After dry shampoo dries clear, not white. It also doesn't smell as offensive (to me) as the Batiste ones. It's often on offer in Boots.
    I will have a look in Boots and see if they have it, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

The Blonde Batiste is horrific. It stinks and is akin to spraying yellow paint spray on your head.

Klorane is great if not a little pricey but a little goes a long way.

Talc is great if you brush it out properly and don't over do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I like the Batiste Cherry one (I've really dark brown hair though, but it doesn't leave a grey cast if used correctly) as it dries fairly quickly so any excess product/dust can be easily shaken out. Smells like cherry lollipops though if you don't like that scent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I have Batiste for red hair but its not great. Have a light coloured top today and it has stained the back of it with colour:(

This stuff is supposed to be great but hard to get here widely available in France

http://www.amazon.com/Klorane-Extra-Gentle-Shampoo-Extract/dp/B002NMI4AG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

jadie wrote: »
    I have Batiste for red hair but its not great. Have a light coloured top today and it has stained the back of it with colour:(

This stuff is supposed to be great but hard to get here widely available in France

http://www.amazon.com/Klorane-Extra-Gentle-Shampoo-Extract/dp/B002NMI4AG

You can order this on the amazon UK site too for about €12 incl delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Millypenny

Spotted this on a blog about making your own dry shampoo. Don't know if it works but could be worth a try.
    http://angrychicken.typepad.com/angry_chicken/2013/06/a-better-batch-of-homemade-dry-shampoo.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

The Lush dry shampoo is pretty good. It's called No Drought. It blends well and I'm a brunette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

Pang wrote: »
    The Lush dry shampoo is pretty good. It's called No Drought. It blends well and I'm a brunette.

I bought that. It is unbelievably rubbish (in my opinion!) It's just cornstarch! and a bit of essential oils! Kinda cheeky to charge a €10 for it.. though look at me, I was sucked in!

Advertisement