Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buttercups!!!!

• 15-06-2013 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Has anyone noticed a lot more of them on lawns this year?? Never have I seen so many!! I cut the lawn really low Thursday evening,and there is hundreds them popping up already!! I feel they are mocking me!! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

Haha you are right! Same with our lawn at home, covered in them. Notice more of them in the fields around as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

Acidic soil, needs lime i think..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Enjoy the colour. Winter is coming:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Same around here, they are everywhere. Haven't seen them over recent years, now every lawn has them. How does that happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

NIMAN wrote: »
    Same around here, they are everywhere. Haven't seen them over recent years, now every lawn has them. How does that happen?

There are a big problem for me more in the garden rather than lawn. Deep root system, hard to get rid of. Invasive aliens!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

NIMAN wrote: »

The wet weather last year allowed them spread wildly. Some say that the leaching raises the PH just enough to bring them on. But I've seen them on ground that has been limed recently.

Advertisement