Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contractor daily rate for web/digital designer

• 15-06-2013 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I'm trying to decide whether to go into a full-time or contract role in the next while. I've been freelancing a couple of months but looking to get something a bit more secure.

I have 4 years agency experience and a couple more freelancing. I'm pretty confident in my skills and I'm able to turn good work out in quick times and I know HTML & CSS inside out as well as a bit of SEO, wordpress and UX.

Would €200 a day sound about right or should I push for more or less?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 renegade909

Anyone even in a similar role have any experience with contract work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

I would have thought 200 is on the low side, when I started contracting (about 6 years ago, have since gone full time) the min was 250. Its dependent on experience and skillset too.

There are UX/UI Designer roles on many job sites starting at 300, and if you have the relevant skillset and experience, you should definitely go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 renegade909

Thanks for the reply. €250 does sound like the right rate to start charging after it from what I've been hearing. I suppose when you factor in that you don't get paid holidays, sick days, benefits etc. and have to pay your tax & prsi it's not a massive amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

I suppose when you factor in that you don't get paid holidays, sick days, benefits etc. and have to pay your tax & prsi it's not a massive amount.

It's really not.

Also if you do go full time contract work, watch out for tax season. That ba*tard sneaks right up on ya ;)

Advertisement