Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for creche in Dublin

Options
  • 15-06-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello!

I am a mother of a 4m and 3w old lovely boy and I am going back to work on the 3rd of July. I am considering the creche option, since I am Greek and my husby English, so we don't have the immediate support of families easily. It is something that I would really want to avoid at least until he is able to speak, so that I can ask him how his day was in details, but I think that eventually we will need to consider as an option.

I am aware of course about the recent scandals with the 3 creches and now I am even more scared. I browse websites of creches and I say to myself that everything is illustrated crap, covering their true selves behind shiny smiles (I know I am paranoid, but I am a new mom so I think I have a small excuse :p).

We are both working in Dublin 2, but we don't mind finding a creche in any area in Dublin, since we have a car. We need a full time option, with the possibility of me visiting whenever I want, I want them to have live cameras so that I can see him online or the option possibly to talk via Skype, I want if possible to be taken care of only by a specific caregiver, so that he starts building trust in that person and me dealing with one person rather than seek who is to blame in case something happens, I want him to be given my milk which I will express, since my boy is exclusively breastfed. We don't mind the economic factor, we want though to make sure that no one will shout, shake, mistreat, neglect, hit, abuse our precious one.

We would also consider a nanny possibly, if we think of installing a closed circuit camera system in our apartment and if she would be the most recommended person on earth (yep, I am definitely paranoid). :rolleyes:

Your advice would be more than super useful, so please share with me your thoughts, pieces of advice and recommendations.

Ada

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I doubt you are going to find what you want.
    A lot of creches will let you call in when you want,I only know of a few that have cctv cameras though. As for Skype personally I would not want the minder having to go be distracted setting up Skype for 1 child.
    You have not left much time to find a place. A lot of the creches have waiting lists. Creches have a 3:1 required ratio for small babies so that means 1 carer will look after 3 of them as a result of this a lot of creches will not take them until they are over 1.
    A good registered childminder is also an option then you are guaranteed that there will be only one carer.
    Can you take extended maternity leave and return to work when the child is older and you are more comfortable with the idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ravenworld

I can and I have some other options, but I want to know if there is a very good creche/childminder that I could trust, in case that I will be out of options at some point.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we were very happy with Giraffe IFSC, it was beside work and I could call in anytime. It depends where you live and work really.
    childminding ireland have a list of registered insured childminders for each area.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Feets

Cocoon childcare creche have cameras and are good with fuss parents/children. They are a chain. Alot of creches require a six month age limit or at least they have to sit up right.

Advertisement