Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fat Freddys Drop, June 23rd, Vicar St

Options
  • 15-06-2013 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭

Always love to get a glimpse of these guys when they're in town. Theyre obviouslt hitting Dublin after their Sea Sessions stint.

http://www.visitdublin.com/event/Fat_Freddys_Drop

Such a great band with a great mix of ska, dub, hip hop, soul and electronica.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Great gig, what a group, I love these guys and what a show they put on.
    I couldn't believe that the place wasn't absolutely jammed and sold out.

They played a blinder, some really excellent new music and snappy new takes on their classics from Based On A True Story.
    Nice rifs, and that trumpeteer, Tony Chang... What a character.
    I'm gonna go grab myself a copy of the album now.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Yup, saw them up at Sea Sessions and they were amazing as usual. Perfectly chilled out tunes :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Absolutely class show.
    Best I have seen in years. I cam back a day early from Body n Soul, and it was well worth it. Most gigs I would be disappointed if all the songs were from the new album, but their songs are so long that they seem familiar by the end
    Great jamming and lovely beats. Got a photo with the mad trumpeteer afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

anyone else noticed that they didn't come back since - unless I am missing something ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

mvl wrote: »
    anyone else noticed that they didn't come back since - unless I am missing something ...

They are coming back!! Tickets for Vicar St, Dublin went on sale this morning. Gig is not til 10th Nov, but picked up tickets earlier and I'm so excited.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

yay, same here.
    just that I would have opened a NEW thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

mvl wrote: »
    yay, same here.
    just that I would have opened a NEW thread :)

I was just replying to YOUR comment from 2 months ago. Didn't realise you had commented on a thread that was from 2013.....

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

According to their website, they're touring a new album at this run of gigs ;)
    I was just replying to YOUR comment from 2 months ago. Didn't realise you had commented on a thread that was from 2013.....

Advertisement