Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone regularly use Campervan?

Options
  • 15-06-2013 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Myself and friend thinking of getting a campervan.

Does anyone here regularly use Campervan for surfing trips west?

And if you do whats if like to get parking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Yea all the time mostly go to sligo no problem getting parking in easkey enniscrone strandhill. Some areas like kerry and clare aren't to happy to see campers but if you are sensible and spend a few quid locally you'd be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Don't think they are welcome around bundoran/Tullan

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/campervan-owner-fined-for-blocking-traffic-in-empty-carpark-29317440.html

Also heard it can be an issue in strandhill in the summer, unless you stay in the camp site

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ellisonline

I do. Get a low roof if you can.

I had an old VW pop-top for surf trips which stood out a mile but never had any hassle in Bundoran (on the cliff), all over Sligo and Clare (Lahinch mainly).

I now have a faster, more reliable T5 camper van. Saves me about an hour on some drives which really makes a difference if you're only going for a night. Better on fuel and also looks just like a regular van for the most part so great for fitting under barriers.

If it's just a small van you're after you'll be grand, the bigger ones do get noticed a lot more and I think Lahinch are going to start cracking down on overnight parking. Then again if you're going for more than a night or two at a time you'll probably want the space...

Advertisement