Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First fathers Day since Dad died

• 15-06-2013 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

Not looking forward to it.

I don't really want a reminder that my father is dead. That he got really sick and had a desperate drawn out end.

I would love to skip tomorrow and go straight to Monday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

My situation is kind of similar. My mother passed away in January, so Mother's Day was really rough.
    The only advice I can give is be there for the rest of you family, because I'm sure they'll be there for you too. Try do something together maybe, even if it's just have dinner or watch a movie. It's the little things that make you realize you're lucky to have what you do have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Yea its also the first father's day since my dad died. I found the daily emails about "father's day gifts" for the past two weeks quite hard to stomach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Hope you got through the day as best you could, it's not easy:(. It's my 3rd Father's Day without Dad, it gets a little easier. Though I find I block it out, and don't pay attention to the cards etc in the shops. The first of everything is always the hardest:(

Advertisement