Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband/phone Wicklow town/rathnew

• 15-06-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi everyone, we have Just gone sale agreed on a house in The Oaks. Delighted and cant wait to move down. Just wondering if Sky is available down there, (internet and phone) . Or what other people have? Also, what bin companies collect down there, were in Dublin at the moment and want to have everything organised/planned before we move in!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭vickers209

Hi lisapol

Congrats on the new house im in the next estate to your new house Broomhall.
    I'm with Sky just for TV for the last 4 years and have had no problems i get plenty of stuff from sky asking to join there broadband but i don't have a phone line and don't want to pay the line rental on it either so we have a Vodafone usb dongal connected to a sharing doc.
    its not the fastest about 3mbs but it does us as we don't download large amounts of data just browse the internet.

Found this online with providers might be of use to you:
    http://www.uswitch.ie/broadband/local/wicklow/broadband-in-rathnew/

Regarding bins there is not much choice in suppliers anymore i was with access waste but they sold there run to Thornton's as did greenstar too.
    I use the bin tag system €11.50 per black-bin lift and €4 per green bin lift buy the tags in the local Centra across the road. Collection is on Thursday morning 1 week would be green bin following week would be black bin.

Looking at there site they don't have that option anymore for new customers they give you 2 options €310 for the year.
    Or a online account you top up with €50 upfront per year and €10 for black bin lift green bin would be free.

Here a link to there website
    http://www.thorntons-recycling.ie/domestic-wicklow-sign-up

Hope this helps if anything else you need to know just ask:D

Good luck with your move:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Greenstar still do have a service in the area, we're with them in Broomhall. Although they have stopped their pay monthly service and only do a pay up front / top up card thing. Ozo also have a service and a new crowd from Arklow came round recently with better rates than either but I cant remember their name (sorry! useless info!).

As for broadband, most lines on the estates round here are off the Wicklow Town exchange and get around 5mb/s from what I've heard from eircom and VF staff, but we luckily are on the Merrymeeting exchange and get 13-17mb/s. Also there are reports on boards of people around here getting a good service from Wicklowbroadband (requires an arial installed on the side of your house) - but they ignored me when I asked for info, so you may or may not be lucky with them.

Hope the move goes well! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Just to note, Thorntons Recycling have withdrawn from the Wicklow market.

Their existing customers are being transfered to Arklow Waste Disposal (of former Ireland hooker, Shane Byrne fame).

So AWD will be the main provider for Wicklow/Rathnew.

DSL is probably the way to go for broadband.
    We are with Vodafone and it performs quite well (approx 12 mbps).
    Sky sell in the area also.

The exchanges will be upgraded (or already are) to fiber speeds soon.
    I imagine the new Rathnew housing estates will benefit from this also.

Advertisement