Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best dry dog food?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

andreac wrote: »
    Sorry, but the ingredient listed first is always the main ingredient.

Agreed. It's just like the food listings for human consumption. The contents are listed according to the amount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

EndaBob1, if your dog has a sensitive tummy, you might be best steer clear of commercial dog foods that contain wheat/cereals. You might try a rice based food? Cereal free is probably a good guideline. You might avoid the meat deritives by going with a fish based food? If he likes a fish taste (the breeder of my dogs feeds only home cooked when introducing litters to solid foods - they are all addicted to fish!) I would recommend the white fish/rice combination from James Wellbeloved. I would also recommend the salmon/rice combo from Arden Grange. Zooplus if you have an outlet near you does a salmon/rice one in their Select range too.

You could try buying small bags of food until you hit on one that your dog likes. Dont throw away anything he doesnt like - give to your local animal shelter! You could also try soaking the kibble/biscuit in warm water to make it a bit more appetising for a fussy dog.

Good luck, hope he settles in and settles down quickly!!

Advertisement