Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport breakfast question?

Options
  • 15-06-2013 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭

Is there a good spot for breakfast at the airport anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Yes. Upstairs restaurant. Excellent buffet breakfast, if pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Yes. Upstairs restaurant. Excellent buffet breakfast, if pricey.

The food court is pretty poor. The rashers are like cardboard and youd need to take out a mortgage to eat anything more than toast.
    If you go upto the raddison blue hotel youll get a fine feed. Its €10 but you can fill up with whatever you want from cereal, full fry, fruit, rolls and yogurts. Theres also a selection of pastries and it comes with tea or coffee and fruit juices.
    Its about 2/3 minute walk from the terminal. As you come out the terminal door walk up the steps thru the hill and head right thru the taxi car park and your there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The food at the airport is pretty bad.

Charged by the sausage/rasher/pudding. . .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Offhand, the Claypot cafe being a few minutes walk from the Airport is grand for food, but I'm unsure if they do full breakfasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Why not just go to kinsale for breakfast altogether....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

tis fairly rank up there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Thanks for the replies. The buffet will do us. It's probably similar to the one in Shannon. Couldn't be bothered trying to find someplace outside of the airport. Is that buffet place before or after the security check?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Upstairs before security.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Spot on, thanks Ludo.

finbarrk wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. The buffet will do us. It's probably similar to the one in Shannon. Couldn't be bothered trying to find someplace outside of the airport. Is that buffet place before or after the security check?

The hotel s a 3 min walk from the terminal and the claypot cafe is about the same distance. Better food and much cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Where exactly is the Claypot cafe?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Why not just go to kinsale for breakfast altogether....

Mother Hubbards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Diziet wrote: »

In the business park near the international airport hotel.

Diziet wrote: »

You can see the building its in from the terminal. If you come out of the terminal you will see steps up thru the grassy hill. Go up there and cross the road, go thru the carpark in front of you and its just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

The breakfast in the airport is pretty terrible...I got one before I left last time as I knew I'd be away from home for a while, despite that, I would have rather not gotten it...the one you can get on the plane is almost better, and that's very still sub-par!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭furry

Just resurrecting this post - looking for a decent breakfast in or near Cork airport that's open on Sundays.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

furry wrote: »
    Just resurrecting this post - looking for a decent breakfast in or near Cork airport that's open on Sundays.

Thanks!

Are you driving? If so, swing by Willie O'Briens new Amber gas-station at the Bandon Road Roundabout, just beyond Dunnes on the Bandon side. Excellent full Irish for a fiver, last time I checked.

Advertisement