Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Joyce Library getting its own bus stop

Options
  • 15-06-2013 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

You heard it here first.

Also a mini-slip road is going to be built for buses to bypass the traffic calming barrier. Making the 17 ... more ... reliable... :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

You heard it here first.

Also a mini-slip road is going to be built for buses to bypass the traffic calming barrier. Making the 17 ... more ... reliable... :pac:

Impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

What?! Really??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

What?! Really??!!

Apparently. Apart from the 17 being more reliable, of course.
    sitstill wrote: »
    Link?

No link for JJL stop as it was a printed source.

Here's one for the bus slip-road

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

No need for a slip road, just install these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVki24JH7s4
    It will provide entertainment as well as allow buses through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

From the planning permission, they have those in the slip road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Not to be outdone by DCU, I wonder if we can manage more than the €170,000 spent by Dublin City Council to install a single bus stop there...

(see here for details)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

You heard it here first.

Interesting. Good to see we're finally getting around to thinking sort of outside the box when it comes to giving busses preferential treatment to cars. What bus route will actually go around by the library?

I do wonder how reliable those automatic bollards are. Even if they work 99% of the time that still means a few times a year when a bus will have to do a crazy reverse maneuver! I assume the second barrier will be removed or something similar will happen there?

Maybe the 17 will serve UCD on a Saturday evening and Sunday now. I always thought the fact that it didn't service UCD on a Saturday of a bank holiday weekend the mostly crazy scheduling scheme ever, how specific can you get like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Those bollards already exist around campus don't they? There's one up by the Thornfield rugby pitch, as far as I remember, I'm sure there is another somewhere...

Advertisement