Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bbs flying to the right

• 15-06-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

anyone have any idea why this might be happening im using an asg m15a4 sportline with a 9.6v intellect the gun has good range but the bbs are constantly swerving to the right no matter what i do with the hop up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Have you checked the condition of the inner barrel? Are they spinning right over time or literally leaving the barrel and going hard right like they are deflecting off the flash hider or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭maxwarren

over time i checked all that its not hitting anything :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

The inner must be marked man if its putting a spin on it, maybe someone else could shed a bit of light.

All I can think of is a damaged inner barrel though :(

thanks man that would be a right bitch as its only new :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I doubt your inner barrel is damaged, your hop up rubber is more than likely mis-aligned, take out your chamber and barrel and look down it, you should have a uniform shape with the hop up on. If the hopup look uneven rotate the chamber until it becomes even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Clean your barrel and make sure that the hop is turned completely off while doing it. Use a tiny bit of SILICON OIL to clean it. What I do is hold the can about 30cm above a square of tissue in the cleaning rod and spray for just under a second. After you clean your barrel with that just clean it out with dry tissue until the tissue comes out clean.
    As YbFocus said it could be a bent barrel but that's quite unlikely if the gun still has good range and as well as that usually barrels just about fit inside outer barrels with only a mm on each side to spare which means that you would've have to have given it quite a big whack while your hand guards were off to bend it and to bend the outer barrel . Try check if theyre straight or not by rolling it slowly along a table. You'll be able to see even the slightest bend because it won't roll properly.

Why do I always post about 2 minutes after someone else just said the same thing....really annoying!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Had similar problem last week and it was down to hop up rubber not 100% in line. Took it apart lined everything up and no problem since.

sound for the advice lads ill try it now :P

bbs flying straight now but hop up doesnt work now because the small black rubbery yoke fell out now ive to go take apart the hop and put it back >:(

The nub ah its any easy fix im just outside naas myself if u need a hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

To put the nub back in you need to remove barrel & hop, and just use a small screwdriver (precision ones where possible), and put a dab of grease on the end of it - this will keep the nub attached to the screwdriver, and allow you to insert the nub where it needs to go a little easier :)

i took the whole hop up apart to put it back i did it before on my old gun everythings back working grand now :) sound for the help lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Inari wrote: »
    To put the nub back in you need to remove barrel & hop, and just use a small screwdriver (precision ones where possible), and put a dab of grease on the end of it - this will keep the nub attached to the screwdriver, and allow you to insert the nub where it needs to go a little easier :)

I have a precision screwdriver, I have silicon grease, why the hell didn't I think of this before! :mad:

I will have to remember this the next time I am pissed off putting a nub back in because it keeps going sideways or misses the opening. Cheers.

Also remember to clear the barrel regularly and particularly after a skirmish in the rain as debris or water in the barrel and hopup will ruin performance.

I will be bringing an unjamming rod and kitchen towel in my skirmish bag from now on as my aeg couldn't hit a tree from 20 feet by the end of a rainy day gaming yesterday. It started the day off as one of my farthest reaching and accurate aegs.

thanks for all the advice lads new gun and i thought the barrel was ment to black inside turns out its acctually silver once i gave it a clean :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

maxwarren wrote: »
    thanks for all the advice lads new gun and i thought the barrel was ment to black inside turns out its acctually silver once i gave it a clean :P

Aw, stop! I know the feeling. When the thirteenth cloth comes out still filthy, you're literally looking at the gun thinking "How did you even survive this?"

got to the point i was wondering how the bbs even fit down the barrel silicone oil and tissue did a class job on it :)

Nice one just make sure its clean of all oil or it will cause the bbs to fly left or right (so i was told). I use warm water and it does the trick and won't affect the barrel/bbs. Was also told tissue/kitchen towel can scratch the barrel.The thin blue/white dish cloths work a treat when washing the barrel and and old t shirt for drying.Hope it helps in the future.

8 or 9 dry tissues went in after id say itll be grand :)

Advertisement