Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Busking Festival.

Options
  • 16-06-2013 12:06am

8-11 August 2013

So far the acts confirmed for the busking festival are; Johnny McEvoy, Bagatelle, The Lost Brothers, Mary Stokes Band, The Niall Toner Band, Ben Reel Band, Loudest Whisper, The Frank & Walters, Rob Strong, John Spillane, TR Dallas, The Matt Cunningham Ceili band, Beat 103 Beat on the street', The Soggie Wellie Boys, Kellie & the scruffs, The Woebegones, Groove Patrol,The Buachaills, Baker Street, Divil the bit, The Waheys, Boogie nights, U-Turn, Alias Folk, Cois Siuire, Pete McGowan, The Tipperary ramblers, the man in black, Adele Mealy band, Robin hurt & sharon hussey, Shin a bhuil, Andy Bell and Ireland's Own. And we're only starting!!! many more bands to be confirmed in the coming days and week.

Great weekend of entertainment,all proceeds to Crumlin Childrens Hospital.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Check out the Junction Festival first in Clonmel 5-14th July. It's going to be massive!

http://www.facebook.com/clonmeljunction/info

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

It appears to me that in future the Busking Festival is going to be recognised as a premier National Festival. I must give credit to those people who came up with the idea and it is great to see proceeds go to the Childrens Hospital in Crumlin. Well done to the organisers and hope you have a weekend full of music, singing, sunshine and craic.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Looks like a good line up for the Busking festival here, strangely enough quiet for the Junction though thus far, looking forward to it....(especially Parlour Flames on Sunday!)

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Looks like a good line up for the Busking festival here, strangely enough quiet for the Junction though thus far, looking forward to it....(especially Parlour Flames on Sunday!)

Brgds
    Johnny

It would seem to me that the junction has run into a cul de sac. Better now to put our energies into the Busking Festival.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Please do elaborate Xenophile?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Xenophile wrote: »
    It would seem to me that the junction has run into a cul de sac. Better now to put our energies into the Busking Festival.

I completely agree. The junction festival has been getting stale, the acts are getting weaker every year rather than building on the success of previous year, the organisers tend to stick to the play it safe approach.

The busking festival is a exciting festival, good acts, lots of potential and all for a great cause, we def should be putting our efforts in promoting the Busking Festival, a town our size doesn't need two festivals so close to each other.

Safe... Some guy is going to high wire walk across the river Suir. :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

iceage wrote: »
    Safe... Some guy is going to high wire walk across the river Suir. :confused:

I meant safe as regards choice of music, comedy and drama acts. I've seen Neil Delemare plenty of times in O'Keefees now, it's been done.

Anyway I'd rather not getting into a full scale arguement over this, you clearly are connected to the Junction Festival and I think it's a bit insensitive you've hijacked this thread to promote the Junction Festival where you could have set up your own.

But I'm going to leave it at this as I'm not willing to have a full scale arguement over a matter of preference, I prefer the Busking Festival thats for a good cause. That doesn't mean I'm knocking The Junction Festival in anyway, I still think it was a good idea and it's good for the town in general I just feel like it has ran it course.

Fair point, we'll leave it at that. Apologies if it appears that I hijacked the thread, was not my intention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

Yep, it's for a good cause, no doubt. Good luck Busking Festival.

I bet they don't get 90 grand from the Arts Council plus funding from the 2 local authorities.

I know it's not comparing like with like but I bet the organisers of the busking festival would not demand a 35 euro fee for 'trainees' from age 14 up.

And as for paying 50 blah to join the Junction Festival Choir when every choir in the town and beyond is crying out for singers all year, I just don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

Xenophile wrote: »
    what cul de sac?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

Expunge wrote: »
    Yep, it's for a good cause, no doubt. Good luck Busking Festival.

I bet they don't get 90 grand from the Arts Council plus funding from the 2 local authorities.

I know it's not comparing like with like but I bet the organisers of the busking festival would not demand a 35 euro fee for 'trainees' from age 14 up.

And as for paying 50 blah to join the Junction Festival Choir when every choir in the town and beyond is crying out for singers all year, I just don't get it.
    and still they have to grab shpping in the supermarket to squeeze a few coins. And charge volunteers lol

Does anyone have a link for the line up for this yet, will be the last hurrah/weekend out in Clonmel for a while as away all of Sept?

Thanks in advance
    Johnny

cheers for the link much appreciated

Brgds
    Johnny

Advertisement