Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshwater fishing in and around Dublin?

Options
  • 16-06-2013 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey guys, I'm a new poster, I said I'd join because I was struggling to find what I was looking for online.

Myself and my father are looking at taking up fishing as a bonding activity (we're complete novices) and we're looking to start off with freshwater fishing (probably a lake) from the land.

Is there any good spots around the Dublin area?

We plan on heading out around the end of July.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 the ax murderer

I've come across Blessington Resevoir as a possibility, has anyone fished here?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Bit unpredictable and inconsistent. Good pike somedays

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

Try Courtlough Trout Fishery near Balbriggan. Well stocked and helpful crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Lyreen Fishery in Maynooth has all you need and it has an onsite tackle\bait shop, worth a try

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 16 the ax murderer

Thanks for the replies guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 evilgannet

If your into wilderness fishing, ye could drive to Laragh in County Wicklow, then head up the Glenamalure valley and follow the trail up to Kelly's lake, it's a tough hike and you would both need to be reasonably fit but it holds a good head of Wild Trout with the odd one to 8 Oz.

You need a decent day though and a map and compass would be no harm either.

G.

uch wrote: »
    Lyreen Fishery in Maynooth has all you need and it has an onsite tackle\bait shop, worth a try
    Yeah, Lyreen is a nice spot. Nice bait lake which would be good for novices.

It's €10 for a day ticket.

http://www.lyreen-angling-centre.com/bait_lake.htm

Advertisement