Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 is a piece of sh#t

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Have had mine since March, absolutely no issues so far.

9th Consecutive year ...

jdpower-130321.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Cale

Piliger wrote: »
    No ... FACT.

Ignorance...
    That's cos you're just blind to the things that matter, and indecisive. :D

...silly assumptions...nonsensical...
    You're beter off with an Android. You clearly don't really understand what makes a great smartphone.:confused:

...more silly assumptions...also, it's a bit subjective as to what makes a great smartphone.

Bravo. You've managed to make yourself look stupid in basically calling me stupid.

I've read plenty of posts on here and you come across like a little child trying to defend his favorite toy. Do grow up.

Word of advice - Apple don't care about you. Maybe use them for what you need and if they change to something that doesn't suit, move elsewhere.

You're the customer. Not an unpaid (very bad) spokesperson.

I won't be viewing any more of your posts. Life's too short. Good day. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Wow, my little rant of a thread has certainly gained momentum here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

ION08 wrote: »
    Wow, my little rant of a thread has certainly gained momentum here :D
    Flamers tend to enflame when they aren't extinguished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

280x289px-LL-76d31508_c851d40e_Derail_1.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Jiggers77

Flamers tend to enflame when they aren't extinguished.

Settle down now lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Oh dear God. I buy a new Time Capsule, take time out to configure it and this happens when I turn my back,

Any more nonsense and the thread will be closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

culabula wrote: »
    Oh dear God. I buy a new Time Capsule, take time out to configure it and this happens when I turn my back,

Any more nonsense and the thread will be closed.

How do you find it? I don't like the new design. It's too tall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Cale

Moving on....

...for what it's worth, OP, you're obviously just very unlucky.

You could buy any product from any manufacturer and have similar experiences.

I've never had a problem with a phone - iPhone or otherwise (touch wood!).

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    How do you find it? I don't like the new design. It's too tall.

Only installed late last night: still evaluating. Doesn't seem to reach into my bedroom as I'd hoped (and thus allow me to unplug Airport Expresses all over the house).

Well, im just back from Belfast with another new replacement iPhone..

So far so good! :D

Their customer service is genuinely Top Class... Just a pity there isnt an Apple store in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just a pity there isnt an Apple store in Dublin.

Something that always baffles me. They open multiple stores in the same cities and country's and leave big cities like Dublin out. Its madness.

Well, im just back from Belfast with another new replacement iPhone..

So far so good! :D

Their customer service is genuinely Top Class... Just a pity there isnt an Apple store in Dublin.

It is. I was in yesterday buying a Time Capsule. As Dougal might have said "The Apple Store Staff -a great bunch of lads".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Something that always baffles me. They open multiple stores in the same cities and country's and leave big cities like Dublin out. Its madness.

it will happen.... eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

They go country by country rather than by city. Once they've established an infrastructure it's easy to open multiple stores. They are also extremely fussy about location. You can be sure when they do open in Dublin it will be the best location in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Jiggers77

They go country by country rather than by city. Once they've established an infrastructure it's easy to open multiple stores. They are also extremely fussy about location. You can be sure when they do open in Dublin it will be the best location in the city.

I agree this is why they put it into Victoria Square in Belfast before they even considered opening one in Dublin. They know as well us mugs will travel for the latest ipad, iphone etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Jiggers77 wrote: »
    I agree this is why they put it into Victoria Square in Belfast before they even considered opening one in Dublin. They know as well us mugs will travel for the latest ipad, iphone etc

Not only that but they already have all the infrastructure in place to operate as retail stores in the UK, so opening one in Belfast was easier than Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Rather than making a new thread I just thought I'd ask in here as its a similar fault to the OPs. My lock button has been acting up the last few weeks, only works when I press the left side quite hard. I'm moving to Oz in sept and in Asia until then so I have very little use for the phone ATM so I'll happily wait until I can get to an Apple store.

My question is, will they replace my phone for me in Brisbane? When people have returned phones before do you just give them the handset and get a replacement handset? Or do you give back the charger also? I assume I wouldn't need to return the box!

• Advertisement

Rather than making a new thread I just thought I'd ask in here as its a similar fault to the OPs. My lock button has been acting up the last few weeks, only works when I press the left side quite hard. I'm moving to Oz in sept and in Asia until then so I have very little use for the phone ATM so I'll happily wait until I can get to an Apple store.

My question is, will they replace my phone for me in Brisbane? When people have returned phones before do you just give them the handset and get a replacement handset? Or do you give back the charger also? I assume I wouldn't need to return the box!

Exactly the same issue i initially had. I assume they would change it for you in Brisbane if they'd change it for you in Belfast.

Id probably get it replaced in Belfast just to be on the safe side though.

Its only an hour and a half drive from Dublin.

They just replace your phone with a "new" one out of a plain white box, you still keep your original charger, headphones, box etc.

You are literally just handed the phone itself so make sure you have it backed up before going in.

My advice would be, restore it while you are still in the shop (either bring in your laptop or from the cloud) and double check everything so you dont get another one with another fault (ie camera)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Currently in Vietnam so nowhere near Belfast! Brisbane is the next place I'll be with an apple store! That's grand though, hopefully they'll give me a new one as this one has lots of tiny marks around the sides :)

hopefully they'll give me a new one as this one has lots of tiny marks around the sides :)

Well it'll be unmakred alright but its not gonna be a "new" one per se, it'll be a factory refurbished unit but it'll look like a new one in the sense that it'll have a new casing and plastic on the screen so it'll be new in that sense of the word.

It'll only have the remainder of warranty of what's on your current iphone though, so get it replaced as soon as - just incase your replacement develops another fault further down the line.

Advertisement