Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin Parkedge nice area to live?

Options
  • 16-06-2013 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi we visited the show house in Clongriffin/Parkedged in Priory Street (3 bed houses for sale) and were wondering if anyone could advise if it is a nice area to live in for a family?
    is the area safe?
    we heard about antisocial behaviour because of FR collins park, problems with developer(?), parking issues,....
    any comments would be of great help? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The few times I've been in Clongriffin is was generally very quiet, in part because there were very few shops open. The only problems I've had was a pair of toddlers throws pebbles from a balcony. :D

There is a train station and Dublin Bus route 15 which has a good service via Clare Hall and Artane to the city centre and beyond. Alternatively route 29a from along Grange Road, which you can join near the railway bridge or the roundabout. The other routes mentioned are a fair distance away.

If this is it, the first floor plan doesn't look very spaces efficient. http://www.parkedge.ie/plans/index.html. Note that the neighbours stairs appears to be right next to your bedroom walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

alkey wrote: »
    hi we visited the show house in Clongriffin/Parkedged in Priory Street (3 bed houses for sale) and were wondering if anyone could advise if it is a nice area to live in for a family?
    is the area safe?
    we heard about antisocial behaviour because of FR collins park, problems with developer(?), parking issues,....
    any comments would be of great help? thanks!

Hi Alkey
    They are great houses for the money.

I live on the street where the new houses are. Its a quiet enough street, no problems with neighbours. Occassionaly you will get troublesome teenagers from the park at night, but if they are causing problems I ring the garda straight away. To be honest, its not too bad this year, I think the Garda are keeping it under control by cycling around the park regularly. It was quite bad the first year the park opened.

I find the main problem can be the parking. You dont own the car spots and you are not even guaranteed a parking spot, you are just entitled to use them (if they are free). If you have a neighbour with 2, 3, 4 cars and you cant find a spot, there is nothing you can do about it. It probably wont be too bad where the new houses are, they will probably all sell, the main problem arises from the rented houses, because they are told they are guaranteed 2 car spots, and thats not possible because there are not 2 spots per house. I think they should designate one spot per house, just paint the house number on one, and the rest can be first come first served. At least then every house is guaranteed the use of at least one spot.

One other small problem is the amount of cars using the street in the evening. A lot of people pop into the centra on the way home from work and then drive around priory street to get back down to marrsfield. but the rest of the time there is not much traffic. I would say all that will change if the mosque goes ahead. That could bring the possibility for lots of traffic and sometimes very late at night.

Lots of luck if you decide to go ahead. If you want to know anything in particular just send me PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭uli84

is it by the same developer as Beaupark (pyrite)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭uli84

sorry, google just told me it is by Gannon Homes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

The old houses on Priory Street were build by Pennon Homes, Peter Gannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 alkey

Hi there, Thank you to all of you for your comments!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

alkey wrote: »
    Hi there, Thank you to all of you for your comments!

Hi Alkey,

Did you buy one of these after all?

Advertisement