Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Los Angeles Airport Hotels

Options
  • 16-06-2013 6:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Does anybody have any recommendations on hotels around Los Angeles airport? Only in LA over night to break up the trip from NZ to Ireland so just looking for somewhere comfortable that we can have dinner and a few drinks in.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭steve-o

I'd get away from the airport hotels and head south to Hermosa beach (10 minute drive). There are a few reasonably-priced chain hotels around the main street (Highway 1). It's a 5 minute walk down to the pier for some fresh air, and plenty of options around for dinner and breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

The areas in the immediate vicinity and to the east of the airport and not safe and on no account should you attempt to walk through them. I wouldnt recommend public transport either. You should get a cab or a hotel shuttle to wherever you decide.

But having said that...I'd go for Marina Del Rey which is just north. About a mile or two. Its just south of Venice beach. Good Neighbourhood. Kind of blah but perfectly safe. I've stayed there but dont remember any hotel names.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=33.983425,-118.457229&spn=0.002998,0.006561&t=m&z=18&layer=c&cbll=33.983367,-118.457321&panoid=tQpcDgH8uH-rZsfId58sJg&cbp=12,258.77,,0,-0.59

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

If you have to stay at lax the holiday inn is decent

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

20260622 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Does anybody have any recommendations on hotels around Los Angeles airport? Only in LA over night to break up the trip from NZ to Ireland so just looking for somewhere comfortable that we can have dinner and a few drinks in.

Cheers :)

Marriot at LAX is quite good. Decent rooms, comfortable beds, bar food is good in the Bar and Grill to the right of reception, decent selection of draft beers. Perfect for an overnight, Airport shuttle every 20 mins or half hour, can't remember which. You have the full scope of major chain hotels beside the airport and afaik all decent traveler hotels. I prefer the Marriot probably from familiarity more than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I've stayed in most of the 4/5* airport hotels at this stage...got them all on hotwire for well less than $100. No complaints about any of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement