Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Payback on a 750kw turbine

• 16-06-2013 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭

Lads just wondering whats the payback on a 750kw turbine, very good site with turbines on it for the last 10 years

Comments

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Lads just wondering whats the payback on a 750kw turbine, very good site with turbines on it for the last 10 years

750 kw ? this is obviously as some kind of potential investment ?

I'd imagine you'd have to go down the commercial route and panning etc grid tie application etc and that I believe can take a very long time.

The cost to a private individual would be huge and you would have to find out the cost per kwh you would get over x amount of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

ya the turbines already there with roads infrastructure, ill have the option of investment in 7 yrs. the payback is 7-10 yrs with probably 7 on these as the site is v good.

750 kw for a commercial site is tiny or would that be what you buy is 750 kw worth ? or how does it work ?

5-10 years isn't bad depending on how much you could make after ? per kw or year ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

750 kw for a commercial site is tiny or would that be what you buy is 750 kw worth ? or how does it work ?

5-10 years isn't bad depending on how much you could make after ? per kw or year ?
    sorry 750MW with the option of maybe bigger ones in the future

kevthegaff wrote: »
    sorry 750MW with the option of maybe bigger ones in the future

AH gotcha, was wondering.

750 Mw is a completely different story then.

So how much would that cost you then ?

I really wish these turbines would reduce electricity costs for normal people as we were promised but instead we subsidise them to make shareholders richer.

So how does the whole thing work ?

Do you buy 750 Mw and they pay you x amount per kwh after ?

I would say if this was gas or Nuclear then you would make far more as wind can be very unpredictable.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure 750MW turbines have been invented yet. The largest in the world at the moment is Enercon's E126 that's 7.5 MW with a blade diameter of 127m.

I'm not sure 750MW turbines have been invented yet. The largest in the world at the moment is Enercon's E126 that's 7.5 MW with a blade diameter of 127m.

No I know that what I meant was the combined output of the turbines/farm, or the peak output in ideal conditions.

Ah, fair enough.

Advertisement