Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West End Advice

• 16-06-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi guys, I will be heading to London in two weeks, I was wondering if ye have any recommendations in what West End show I should see

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hey there "Passion Play", saw it a few weeks ago The Duke of York Theatre - starring Zoe Wannamaker, Samantha Bond, Owen Teale (and others you'll recognise, I just can't recall all the names) incredible performances - you would have heard a pin drop, the audience was gripped. Very funny at parts, then not so.............play is about relationships but I don't want to ruin it for you. But I highly recommend it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭donnbradman

Judes wrote: »
    Hey there "Passion Play", saw it a few weeks ago The Duke of York Theatre - starring Zoe Wannamaker, Samantha Bond, Owen Teale (and others you'll recognise, I just can't recall all the names) incredible performances - you would have heard a pin drop, the audience was gripped. Very funny at parts, then not so.............play is about relationships but I don't want to ruin it for you. But I highly recommend it. :)
    Thanks for the reply! Much much appreciated. Never even came across this play when looking through possible shows to go see. Im looking at it now, to be honest I dont think I would b into it. Are there any others you may recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Les Mis.

I see it every time I go over there!

(well almost)

Les mis is a bit pricey for me unfortunately. Would love to go but can't afford it

Les mis is a bit pricey for me unfortunately. Would love to go but can't afford it

I got cheap tickets at the booth on Leicester Square (years ago, but assume it's still there). You could try for a last minute bargain....

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I got cheap tickets at the booth on Leicester Square (years ago, but assume it's still there). You could try for a last minute bargain....

Would you have any plan B if this doesn't work out

Would you have any plan B if this doesn't work out

As far as I recall (and it was a long time ago!) they sell tickets for anything and everything - I'd be very surprised if you couldn't pick up a bargain for SOMETHING.

So carry on with your research here :D and have a shortlist of stuff you'd like to see, and you're bound to get in to something.

And if not, well.... go for a nice meal??

A quick google threw up this site http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/londontheatre/whatson/ - maybe pick a few things that you think might interest you, and ask for reviews/experiences?

(can you tell I'm back on a proper keyboard this morning :D)

Best of luck with your research, and I hope you find something wonderful to go and see :D

Advertisement