Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPC Australia Nationals

• 16-06-2013 11:38am
    Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭

Dan Green went 985kg total @110 unequipped (wraps) yesterday in Melbourne. No vids on YouTube yet they're all on FB so I can't post any. Think he went 843-518-810 for a 2171 total or 382.5-235-367.5. Unraaaaail. There's a vid of a missed 865lb squat too. Got pinned in the hole, had good spotters though. Supposedly a good comp. Odell Manuel went 1020 unequipped I think in SHW.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

http://youtu.be/A1GzxDHTgJ8

http://youtu.be/Sl9_QFiyTZo
    That's all I can find at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Savage lifting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Dan Green is fast becoming my favourite lifter ever

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Dan Green is a phenom!

Crazy ass lifter - has some really good articles to read too.

Question... With Dan Green having competed in Oz & with the Lillebridges & Brandon Lilly competing at the CAPO nationals why are the best US lifters going to Oz to compete? Is there a load of cash for winning there or are they getting good appearance fees?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

Powerlifting is resurgent in Oz because of some new gyms and lots of new lifters. I think CAPO and GPC are really working hard to put on some good comps and get some good crowds. Its actually great to see. They also have ProRaw down there which is an open comp with a prize fund of 5-10000. There are some in the PL community down there really pushing the agenda forward strongly. Actually one guy was posting on here not so long ago under the PTC Frankston handle.

I don't know what the story with guest lifters is, I imagine there would be some fees involved. Flights etc aint cheap either.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Lilly , Sam Byrd and Eric L aresponsored by Animal and it appears that Animal are sending them down – obviouslyI don’t know specifics but doubt those boys are taking much out of their ownpockets.

Malanchiev is also going to CAPO andwill win. Man is a monster.

Big_G wrote: »
    Powerlifting is resurgent in Oz because of some new gyms and lots of new lifters. I think CAPO and GPC are really working hard to put on some good comps and get some good crowds. Its actually great to see. They also have ProRaw down there which is an open comp with a prize fund of 5-10000. There are some in the PL community down there really pushing the agenda forward strongly. Actually one guy was posting on here not so long ago under the PTC Frankston handle.

Ye I think I remember his posts. Seems like he had a good set up down there with a number of gyms purely focused on powerlifting/strength training. It's a pity we don't have more like it over here but I suppose there is no money in it! Come to think of it is there any real powerlifting clubs in Dublin?? Hercs?Someone should convert a big garage..? A non profit Powerlifting club run & owned by its members!

Da Za wrote: »

Lilly , Sam Byrd and Eric L aresponsored by Animal and it appears that Animal are sending them down – obviouslyI don’t know specifics but doubt those boys are taking much out of their ownpockets.

Malanchiev is also going to CAPO andwill win. Man is a monster.

Some line up for a meet!

Advertisement