Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commerce NUIG vs UCC

• 16-06-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

hi guys, just wondering about the commerce course itself in both of these colleges. I have ucc down as my no.2 on the cao as i would be very interested in starting my own business in the future, i have talked to people such as Paul Kenny the founder of Cobone and he said to ensure i choose a degree with a year abroad work placement. Basically I just want to know how you found commerce in either of these colleges and how hard or easy you found it to get employment? Also, has anyone done a work placement abroad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Galalad

I finished my Commerce w/Chinese in UCC this year. The course itself was really good, gives you different aspects of different sectors of business and lots of choices to pick your own modules in the later years. Year abroad was fantastic and I've heard that from people who went to Germany/France/Spain as well etc, it really gives you an edge too if you're willing to commit to the language as it will give you the opportunity to work abroad. I finished in May this year and am 3 weeks into my new job as a business analyst for a very big multinational company. Plenty of people who graduated with me are starting jobs in marketing, accounting, law, management etc in September. Commerce is definitely a good course, with straight comm you go on work placement for usually 6-9 months and this gives you a foot in the door for getting employment with that company when you graduate. Plenty of opportunities out there but I'd do it with a language if you could!

Advertisement