Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinned pumpkin - great for tummy upsets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Thanks! My two love butternut squash and it definitely helps sort out... liquid deposits... so I'll pick up some of this for them. Hopefully it doesn't have any sugar or other additives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Thanks! My two love butternut squash and it definitely helps sort out... liquid deposits... so I'll pick up some of this for them. Hopefully it doesn't have any sugar or other additives.

Yeah, that is definitely something to look out for, it does say 100% natural, so hopefully it is just pumpkin in there. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It's pure pumpkin.
    What is the difference between LIBBY’S® Pumpkin Pie Mix and LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin?

LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin is just that – pure pumpkin with nothing added – no salt, no sugar, no artificial flavorings, colorings or preservatives. It’s ready-to-use for all cooking and baking uses. LIBBY’S® Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix contains pure pumpkin and a blend of traditional spices and sugar. Just add eggs and CARNATION® Evaporated Milk to the Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix, pour into an unbaked pie shell and bake for a delicious and easy dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fitzg

It's also great for guinea pigs :)http://www.guinealynx.info/handfeeding.html I'm going to stock up and have it as emergency food!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

thanks for this - Having lived in USA for long time, I'll be buying this for human consumption (pumpkin pies!!) - how do you feed it to dogs with tummy issues - do dogs tend to like it enough to eat as is, or do you add it to food? (Ive got a dog with gastric sensitivity) Hopefully they will continue to stock it as opposed to being just a special?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

aonb wrote: »
    thanks for this - Having lived in USA for long time, I'll be buying this for human consumption (pumpkin pies!!) - how do you feed it to dogs with tummy issues - do dogs tend to like it enough to eat as is, or do you add it to food? (Ive got a dog with gastric sensitivity) Hopefully they will continue to stock it as opposed to being just a special?

Heres a link with some info on it http://raisinghealthydogs.com/discover-the-health-benefits-of-canned-pumpkin-for-dogs

I'm also intending to use some for pumpkin pies as well, one of my favourite things in the world. :D I think they are stocking it in preparation for 4th July, there seems to be quite a few American foods being sold. But I'm sure if it sells well, they may consider stocking it all year round. They may wonder why it is selling in bulk though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Is the extra added sugar and spice and issue?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Is the extra added sugar and spice and issue?
    There are two versions; the one linked above is the pure version with out spice and sugar :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Nody wrote: »
    There are two versions; the one linked above is the pure version with out spice and sugar :)

Oh I must have read it wrong! Will be picking up a tin or two so, my cats love pumpkin :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I asked my Dad to pick some up for me and came in with 4 cans of it yesterday delighted ... "When are we having the pie?!?" :P

• Advertisement

Guys how much of this would you give an 8kg(ish) puppy? She's had the runs on and off since she was fed Luath for treats at daycare! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I'd go with a tablespoon or two at each meal and see how she gets on. You don't want to overdo it in case it has the opposite effect. I'd cut out everything else bar plain chicken for a couple of days too, including liver, as that can be hard on their stomachs.

If you run out of the tinned stuff, just steam some butternut squash and mash it. It's more or less the same thing.

Hope she's better soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

We give a teaspoon each meal to our two cats, they hated it at first but they eat it first instead of their dry food. :) They used to have hairball issues, very rarely now.

Thanks guys. They both did backflips when I opened the can lol!! Really annoyed that a 'conventional' food that's meant to be hypoallergenic and holistic has had this affect on her. :(

Advertisement