Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Woodwork 2013 Talk

Options
  • 16-06-2013 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey Guys! Just set up this thread for any discussion on patterns or questions to ask about the Woodwork Exam. Do ye think that the SEC will continue the Q3 pattern which would indicate Conversion for tomorrow or not?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

Hey Guys! Just set up this thread for any discussion on patterns or questions to ask about the Woodwork Exam. Do ye think that the SEC will continue the Q3 pattern which would indicate Conversion for tomorrow or not?

Ok this is what I think will come up(these are the likely ones to come up, 3 of any of these will definitley come up)
    Trees and Growth
    Seasoning
    Conversion
    Disease and Defects
    Preservatives
    Carving
    Woodturning
    Tools
    Joints and Jointing
    Health and Safety
    Finishes
    Choise of Material
    Processing wood
    Adhesives
    Shaprening
    If you learn most of them, you will get your A if not you can blame it all on me
    I did very good analysing

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Drift_King_33

zubikhan wrote: »
    Ok this is what I think will come up(these are the likely ones to come up, 3 of any of these will definitley come up)
    Trees and Growth
    Seasoning
    Conversion
    Disease and Defects
    Preservatives
    Carving
    Woodturning
    Tools
    Joints and Jointing
    Health and Safety
    Finishes
    Choise of Material
    Processing wood
    Adhesives
    Shaprening
    If you learn most of them, you will get your A if not you can blame it all on me
    I did very good analysing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

Design
    Investigation/Research -
    The process wherein you look at the problem,
    identify key requirements for the design solution
    and gather information that will allow you to
    arrive at possible design solutions. Looking for
    ideas, studying similar artefacts, etc.

Evaluation
    Where at the end of your project, you will stand back and review the work done. You will look critically at your work and the design to examine all the good points as well as the bad ones. Where you will evaluate your work to try to improve it.

Design ideas and solutions
    Proposals based on the analysis of the brief and
    the investigation/research carried out that should
    meet all the requirements. One design idea or
    elements from several ideas can be brought
    together into the selected solution

Learn 3 of them Investigation/Research will definitely come up along with either design ideas or evaluation

Advertisement