Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding out who owns house

Options
  • 16-06-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi

I visited a house last year and again recently which my father built and I lived in for the first 10 years of my life. It has fallen into severe disrepair and is not lived in at the moment. My dream is to buy this house, knock and rebuild. As no one is now living in this house I am trying to find out if they are willing to sell. How would I go about finding out who owns it? Haven't a clue where to start. Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask the neighbours?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭observer2u

try ringing land registry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

You can do an online land registry search, but it does cost, I think about €20

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Won't appear on Landirect unless it changed hands in the modern era.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

How long has it been empty.

You might check old Phone books, electoral register etc, thom's directory (if Dublin, Cork)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The local pub will give you lots of leads. But you shouldn't believe everything you hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

Faze11 wrote: »
    Hi

I visited a house last year and again recently which my father built and I lived in for the first 10 years of my life. It has fallen into severe disrepair and is not lived in at the moment. My dream is to buy this house, knock and rebuild. As no one is now living in this house I am trying to find out if they are willing to sell. How would I go about finding out who owns it? Haven't a clue where to start. Many thanks.

another shot is to local up the local county council website. In planning dept, there shoud be amap search - check to see if any planning permissions filed in that location over the years - you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

Try the post man/woman office !

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Meant to say thanks for all the replies.

Advertisement