Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just been banned

Options
  • 16-06-2013 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi
    I was just banned for a spam. But i did not spam or attempt to span at all.
    I did not advertise, i am not selling, i am not giving services or what ever else.
    What i am trying to do is look for information to do with an investment. to do this i have to ask for help which i did.
    I have a bit of time today so i decided to try to post but none of the treds suited with my post.
    So i tried to start new treads with the same content i think in 2 of them and changed the title. i thought my wording was ok but maybe not i dont know.
    so please un ban me

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Why did you post five threads on the same topic? And why did you post in the Newbies and FAQ forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johnbb

because simply i was not sure what word combination would work better, if i said Autodromo or vista do falcao do you think it would work. In the newbies section because I am and would it fit in another section i did not think so.

I'm not sure what you mean about a word combination working better. The purpose of the thread title is to give a sense of what the thread is about: "I'm looking for advice about a possible investment in Portugal" would be a fairly logical thread title.

Starting five threads on the same topic with different thread titles is spamming, whether or not it was your intention to do so. If you want investment advice, start a thread in the Investments and Markets forum with a clear thread title, and keep the discussion to there.

The "Newbies and FAQ" forum isn't a forum for new users to post whatever they want; it's a place for users who are new to the site to ask questions about how to use the site itself. If you had even posted a thread with a question about where you could ask for investment advice, you wouldn't have gotten yourself in trouble.

If you indicate that you understand where you went wrong and that you won't do it again, I'll lift the ban.

i tried to start a tread before but i was not able for what ever reason. do you have to post so many in the treads that are already there before you can post a tread. ok i got it wrong but not intentionally at all just looking for any information so i thought the different names concerning the investment would work. i will try and post in the section you suggest with all the names in the title, will that be ok

johnbb wrote: »
    i will try and post in the section you suggest with all the names in the title, will that be ok
    No, it won't be OK. Why do you want the names in the title?

• Advertisement

ok let me explain. if I was looking for information about a toyota landcruiser vx 4.2 turbo diesel 1hdt 12valve camshaft issues it would be what i am looking, so specific.
    Where as if I put 4x4 in the title it would achieve nothing, I would get answers I do not have time to answer or want.
    Like wise if I put portugal investments it is too general and I do not have the time nor do I want to answer a lot of enquiries about investments in Portugal when I only want information on a particular investment.

Right, but you can put all the information you want in the thread itself.

For example, when you started this thread you used the subject "just been banned", and elaborated in the first post. In fact, the example you gave is ironic given that you previously started a thread called "scrap yard with a landcruiser" in which you elaborated that you were looking for a VX80 4.2TD 1992-98, so I'm not sure why this particular issue is causing you such confusion.

ironic no, confused maybe

Yes and when i started those banned treads I put the crucial name in the title Parkalgar portugal, Visto de falcoa, autodromo etc and because this investment is known as different names. and then elaborated in the post, did i not.
    I could put all the information in the tread title that i want to attract attention but its long (Parkalgar, portugal, Visto de falcao, autodromo race track investment information) or I can decide to put what may attract attention in the title.
    Is that not my choice like other members.

((Starting five threads on the same topic with different thread titles is spamming))

It that not the purpose of the title to attract attention you want and not what you do not want.
    Am I free to choose as others do to put the words that I want in the title and the rest as others do to in the post.
    If i started too many treads, how many treads can a member start in a day.
    Is there a specific amount of words that must be in the title and the rest in the post.
    Is the issue that the titles are wrong.
    The treads were wrong.
    The content of the titles are wrong.
    How many treads can a member start on the same topic.

The content of the posts were wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement