Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on buying new house

Options
  • 16-06-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭

I was just looking at the property price register site can i just ask what ppr price means its much lower then the sale price of a few of the same houses im looking at in a small estate the ppr price differs alot in the few houses that have been sold they are then sold for more then the ppr price thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

For new houses VAT is charged and asfaik its excluded from the poor price, so add on 21% or whatever the current rate is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

So ppr is just the price before vat is added

Yes but I realise I was incorrect on the rate its13.5%

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's the actual sale price. It includes VAT (where applicable).

It's the actual sale price. It includes VAT (where applicable).
    No it doesn't

From the ppr website:
    If the property is a new property, the price shown is exclusive of VAT at 13.5%.

• Advertisement

Cheers for that ted

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Right Ted.

Imagine selling a house you bought new in a couple of years. €200k. Propsective buyer has checked the NPPR and sees you paid c.€173k.

Try explaining to him that you paid VAT on top - he won't give a damn as there's no VAT on his potential purchase.

Why are some properties vat exclusive and others not is it just new houses you pay vat on and not 2nd hand ones

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Why are some properties vat exclusive and others not is it just new houses you pay vat on and not 2nd hand ones

Just new.

Right Ted.

Imagine selling a house you bought new in a couple of years. €200k. Propsective buyer has checked the NPPR and sees you paid c.€173k.

Try explaining to him that you paid VAT on top - he won't give a damn as there's no VAT on his potential purchase.

what I paid is irrelvant, its the current market price that the buyer will pay.

your point is also mute, as the simple fact is VAT is charagable on new houses and not reflected in the PPR.

as an aside at 2% inflation 173k is worth 200k in 7.5 years.

• Advertisement

I think you are some distance from understanding or appreciating my point ted.

Let's leave it at that.

sounds like the penny just dropped ;)

Advertisement