Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plant ID help please

• 16-06-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    The management company in our estate recently replanted the beds in front of the houses - budget job apparently. The last shrubs grew too big in front of our house and rendered the meter boxes inaccessible - I'm concerned this doesn't happen again, and also want a balanced border with a bit of colour, not a jungle! I have v little knowledge of shrubs - can anyone please help ID the ones posted below, and any idea of future height/spread would be very helpful too!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

And last one:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Hort101

Image 225 looks like hebe sutherlandii...
    wish i could get the others but none of them look appealing.. that small yellow shrub may be some sort of dwarf conifer, maybe some sort of cypress.. or macrocarpa.. image 224.. then another looks something like a Portuguese laurel.. image 227..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The first one looks like fuschia, not sure about any of the others, oh yes, there is a small leaf hebe there too, but I doubt you will have to worry about them getting too big, they will do well if they survive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

looksee wrote: »
    The first one looks like fuschia, not sure about any of the others, oh yes, there is a small leaf hebe there too, but I doubt you will have to worry about them getting too big, they will do well if they survive!

They are thriving now, lot of growth in the couple of weeks since they were planted. The possible fuchsia was a tiny sad-looking cutting originally, its put on a lot of leaves and growth since. Same for most of the others...

Portuguese laurel looks like it gets pretty big, and of course they planted it right beside the meter box :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

226 Perovskia atriplicifolia
    227 I believe to be Viburnum tinus ( Hope its V. tinus 'Eve Price' else you have a big plant)
    228 Hydrangea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭rje66

Zzippy wrote: »
    Hi
    The management company in our estate recently replanted the beds in front of the houses - budget job apparently. The last shrubs grew too big in front of our house and rendered the meter boxes inaccessible - I'm concerned this doesn't happen again, and also want a balanced border with a bit of colour, not a jungle! I have v little knowledge of shrubs - can anyone please help ID the ones posted below, and any idea of future height/spread would be very helpful too!

Fuschia
    Thuja
    Hebe
    Perovskia
    Viburnum

Advertisement