Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding to an existing tattoo

Options
  • 16-06-2013 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a small tattoo, just writing, on my side and I always planned to put a larger piece underneath. I've almost decided on what I want but really dont want to rush into it.

How long do I have before the orignal writing begins to age? Because I'd love if the two tattoos looked like one side piece and dont want the writing to look faded beside the new tattoo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

That really just depends on a lot of things. How well the tattoo was done, the aftercare, if its regularly exposed to sun and just your body in general etc... It might fade a little, a lot or not at all!

You could always get it touched up if you are unhappy with it but also remember that if you do add to it, the existing tattoo probably will look duller for a while until the new tattoo "settles in" if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

Thanks, I figured it was one of those things that varies from person to person. As long as they end up looking like it was all done at once, I'd be happy. Just nervous about getting my second tattoo within a year of the first.... Feels lil lik an addiction already..

Advertisement