Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commodore Amiga A1200 and A600 and bits and pieces

Options
  • 16-06-2013 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

Really not sure what to ask (and know this is may well be too high but forum rules stipulate a price), but I will put €100 for the 2. Please feel free to offer what you feel they are worth.

What I have: (there are load of photos below)

Commodore Amiga A1200.

Commodore Amiga A600.

Commodore Power Pack for Amiga A600.

Commodore Amiga mouse.

3 Disks: Amiga 2091 Installation hard disk software, Amiga Extras 1.3 Amiga Basic 1.2 International and DeluxeVideo III

No idea how any of this all works, I have no knowledge whatsoever about either Amiga apart from they came from a music dept. of a Uni in the UK but doubt they have been used for a year or two. Both power up and load something or another when I put the installation disk in (maybe the photos will mean something to someone). Few screws missing from casing.

Collection from Kilkenny or Carlow will be preferable but happy enough to post if you don't mind spending the small fortune it will cost to post them within Ireland.
    2013-06-16140706_zps4303a3a6.jpg
    2013-06-16140509_zps418179f5.jpg
    2013-06-16140121_zpsd9d6277c.jpg
    2013-06-16140219_zps7cf1120b.jpg
    2013-06-16140519_zps0c05d113.jpg
    2013-06-16140133_zps3f2e4e69.jpg
    2013-06-16140803_zpsaf59f8b4.jpg
    2013-06-16140758_zps8cc9e2a2.jpg
    2013-06-16140658_zps50fd6866.jpg
    2013-06-16140148_zpse1e59da6.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Well priced imo. Should sell no bother.
    I'd snap them up if I didn't already have an Amiga 1200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Well priced imo. Should sell no bother.
    I'd snap them up if I didn't already have an Amiga 1200

Thanks, reassuring that I'm not taking the p*ss with the price then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have to say, I'd love the Amiga 1200, something I don't own.
    Does the 1200 come with a power supply?
    If there is only 1 power supply between them I'll offer €40 for the 1200 on it's own, I have a mouse and other cables here already.

There is only the one power supply yes.

Thanks for offer, think I will turn it down at the minute. I will see how things go and bear your offer in mind but am hoping to move them both on together though and think the 1200 is the most valuable/ interesting part of the stuff I am selling.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No worries.
    Are there any trades you might consider for them both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Is there a monitor with them? Or do you use a TV to test?
    Dammit, RangeR, look at the pictures!!!!

Seriously considering...

If you can wait until next weekend [Payday], I'll take them off you for asking price.
    Grew up with an A1500 and have been Amigaless for over a decade [really two decades]. Always have fond memories for the Amiga.

EDIT : I'm in Naas but can collect from Carlow.

RangeR wrote: »
    If you can wait until next weekend [Payday], I'll take them off you for asking price.
    Grew up with an A1500 and have been Amigaless for over a decade [really two decades]. Always have fond memories for the Amiga.

EDIT : I'm in Naas but can collect from Carlow.

Thanks, happy to wait and accept your offer if you are sure. If you want any other photos of the computers (sides or bottoms etc) or whatever let me know, save you travelling down from Naas for no reason.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No worries.
    Are there any trades you might consider for them both?

Unfortunately the money I hopefully get for the Amigas is for bills, nothing good.

Thanks, happy to wait and accept your offer if you are sure. If you want any other photos of the computers (sides or bottoms etc) or whatever let me know, save you travelling down from Naas for no reason.

Cool. Will be in touch late next week.

• Advertisement

Cool. Will be in touch late next week.

No worries, and as I say, if you want any more pictures before you commit to travelling down let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Ill be in Carlow early during the week doing abit of contract work. Ill gladly take these off your hands for the asking price.

Thanks

mondeo wrote: »
    Ill be in Carlow early during the week doing abit of contract work. Ill gladly take these off your hands for the asking price.

Thanks

I have accepted previous offer but you are next in line if in the unlikely event that there's an issue. Thanks for your interest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

I have accepted previous offer but you are next in line if in the unlikely event that there's an issue. Thanks for your interest

Ok no problem. Thanks

I so much want an Amiga again. Unfortunately, priorities have changed :( I'll painfully pass to DWW, sorry.

Thanks again. You gave me a happy dream week :)

Mondeo, its yours if you still want it. PM sent.

So, apparently this is all for sale AGAIN. There are loads of photos taken of them, here in OP and you can ask for link to other photos. Really don't mind if people don't want to buy it, would just prefer they don't waste my or their own time until they decide for definite.

1. They aren't mint in box.
    2. I don't mind taking pictures of whatever part of computers you want me to, or answer questions you may have BEFORE you say you will buy it.
    3. The asking price is what it is, but offer what you think.
    4. Their condition is good, with no cracking to case, just couple of screws missing, as I said in OP but apparently worth repeating.
    5. They are 20+years old and are used.

Thanks

So, apparently this is all for sale AGAIN. There are loads of photos taken of them, here in OP and you can ask for link to other photos. Really don't mind if people don't want to buy it, would just prefer they don't waste my or their own time until they decide for definite.

1. They aren't mint in box.
    2. I don't mind taking pictures of whatever part of computers you want me to, or answer questions you may have BEFORE you say you will buy it.
    3. The asking price is what it is, but offer what you think.
    4. Their condition is good, with no cracking to case, just couple of screws missing, as I said in OP but apparently worth repeating.
    5. They are 20+years old and are used.

Thanks

Being honest, this is a steal at TWICE the price. These are limited edition collector items. They just aren't being built anymore and in high demand. DWW, if you have the time, you can get more on eBay.

Being honest, this is a steal at TWICE the price. These are limited edition collector items. They just aren't being built anymore and in high demand. DWW, if you have the time, you can get more on eBay.

Just for clarity, and I think these are very desirable items, they are not " limited edition collectors items" but they are old and working, good condition examples are always nice to see.
    I'm unsure what your current input on this thread is about as you are no longer interested in buying the item.
    The poster is well able to conduct his own sale and set his own prices.
    Not sure how helpful telling him to take it to ebay is.

Seems a lot like backseat moderating.
    Please, no more if this.

Ciderman
    A&R marketplace mod

Going over to UK next week so might try and shift these then. If they fit in the car with all the stuff the kids are bringing! Last chance on here possibly, then onto adverts if I don't bring em to England. C'est la vie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

Hi, i know i may have missed out, but i would like to buy these for the quoted price of €100, i know and understand the condition and will take that at face value and buy as/is, are they still available?

Hi, i know i may have missed out, but i would like to buy these for the quoted price of €100, i know and understand the condition and will take that at face value and buy as/is, are they still available?

Don't know if it's any good to you but If you can meet up before Tuesday you have a deal, otherwise it will be another week and I may possibly sell them in UK? Would rather not bother bringing them to UK though!

Do you want any more pictures or anything?

These are sold, daingeanrob has got them (well will do when postman delivers them).

Thanks

cheers ddw, will be waiting for the postman, looking forward to getting these...

Dozen Wicked Words, items arrived as described, delighted with these, thanks for packing them so well, really appreciate it. very happy with the deal. cheers.

Glad they got there OK, thanks very much for buying them, hope you get a lot of fun out of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement