Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim free phone anywhere?

Options
  • 16-06-2013 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi i just wondering if i bought a phone online from places like america or somewhere and it says sim free could i use my network meteor on it and any other network ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

American phones don't work here. China is your best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

Oh really thought they did glad i asked so lol. Is it just phones from China that work here what about uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not strictly true anymore, large amount of the newer phones will work fine.

OP once the phone has bands GSM 900, GSM 1800 and 2100 for 3G it will work here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Davy wrote: »
    Not strictly true anymore, large amount of the newer phones will work fine.

OP once the phone has bands GSM 900, GSM 1800 and 2100 for 3G it will work here

Either way the OP is likely as not to have a phone from either place nabbed by customs here:(. OP, have a good look at the specs of all the phones in your plans at www.gsmarena.com. Also have a look at the sim-free offers on Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.de.

Either way the OP is likely as not to have a phone from either place nabbed by customs here:(. OP, have a good look at the specs of all the phones in your plans at www.gsmarena.com. Also have a look at the sim-free offers on Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.de.

Yes I would agree their is no big bargain to be got there, even if buying while there but just for future users coming across this, phones will work both sides once they have the bands

• Advertisement

<snip>

So does this phone mean it will work on any network over here o2 , meteor and so on? please reply

So does this phone mean it will work on any network over here o2 , meteor and so on? please reply

It doesn't matter really as that site is best avoided. When a site has a @hotmail.com email its a give away, apart from having no contact details.

Davy wrote: »
    It doesn't matter really as that site is best avoided. When a site has a @hotmail.com email its a give away, apart from having no contact details.

Oh really thought was good site, do you know a good site with decent phones online?

Advertisement