Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone other than 3 offer unlimited data option?

Options
  • 16-06-2013 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

Guys, does anyone other than 3 offer an unlimited data option?

5 GB seems to be the best I can see.

As mentioned in other threads I don't have home broadband so rely on my phone for Internet needs. But it's costing a fortune as some months I'm using up to 7 GB of data.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

big_drive wrote: »
    Guys, does anyone other than 3 offer an unlimited data option?

5 GB seems to be the best I can see.

As mentioned in other threads I don't have home broadband so rely on my phone for Internet needs. But it's costing a fortune as some months I'm using up to 7 GB of data.

Tesco give unlimited data, and free any network texting for €25 p/mth...free €25 calls (€50 in all).

Fair use rule is 15GB data.

http://shop.tescomobile.ie/pay-as-you-go-plans.aspx

Full details here:

http://www.tescomobile.ie/tcs-unlimited-text-and-data-offer.aspx
    The Offer is only available to Pay As You Go customers topping up by a minimum of €25 in one go each month between 1st March 2013 and 30th June 2013 (the “Offer Period”)......

To avail of the Offer you must top up by a minimum of €25 in one go excluding any drip fed or other promotional top up credit received in each month....

A fair usage limit applies to the 30 day period succeeding your top up of 5,000 texts to mobile phones in the Republic of Ireland.

A fair usage limit applies to the 30 day period succeeding your top up of 15GB of data used in the Republic of Ireland.

A fair usage limit applies to the 30 day period succeeding your top up of 300 minutes of calls per day to Tesco Mobile while in the Republic of Ireland.

More info from Tesco Reps:

http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/84532773
    Originally posted by Heraldoffreeent
    I notice that this offer lasts until the 30th of june in the terms and conditions, if one buys the Sim today, and top up by 25 euro(to get the unlimited data) do the terms and conditions mean that on the first of july when you top up, the amount of data may have shrunk down to 500mb or something? or is it because you buy the sim in the march to june 30th period, then you can continue to top up by 25 and get unlimited data in july, Aug, sept etc?

Hi Heraldoffreeent

If you top up by €25 before the 30th June, it means that you'll continue to get the double credit, unlimited sms and unlimited data even after this date.

I hope this clears it up.

Thanks

http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/84535774
    Originally posted by Heraldoffreeent
    So, if I keep topping up within 30 days I'll get the offer every month from now on? Thats pretty cool!!

Thanks very much!!

You don't have to do it every month. As long you top up by €25 once before the offer ends it is available on your number as long as it is on the Tescomobile network.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Tesco give unlimited data, and free any network texting for €25 p/mth...free €25 calls (€50 in all).

Fair use rule is 15GB data.

TM charge overage beyond 15GB so unfortunately it's not like 3 where speeds may become restricted.

See this post for pricing penaltys beyond 15GB: http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/84911756

breathn wrote: »
    TM charge overage beyond 15GB so unfortunately it's not like 3 where speeds may become restricted.

See this post for pricing penaltys beyond 15GB: http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/84911756

Can you explain what this actually means, I don't understand?

I think most networks operate fair usage policies, and 15GB is a pretty big monthly limit, for normal usage??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

Would posters here go for tesco or 3 at the moment?

I'm leaning towards sim only with tesco on 12 month contract. €30 for 10,000 minutes, 10,000 texts and 15 gb data. This should easily cover my needs

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Three's data is way faster than Tesco's shíte. Tesco is an MVNO with a heavily crippled backhaul(O2 dont want tesco customers sucking the life from their own customers).

• Advertisement

On other threads it says three's data speeds are poor so I'm not sure what to believe. Maybe it depends on location

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Emobile 32 eur sim only. 30 day contract. 15gb data and really high minute and text allowances.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

On other threads it says three's data speeds are poor so I'm not sure what to believe. Maybe it depends on location

True. Always check coverage in your own area(get some PAYG sims).

Difference is Three is up to 14Mb(I've seen 12) and Tesco is up to 2Mb.

i'm going to get a three and Tesco prepay sim and see how they compare for data in my area, make a decision then based on that.

I see the sims aren't free any longer, Three require you to buy a minimum top up of €10 and Tesco charge €2.50

i'm going to get a three and Tesco prepay sim and see how they compare for data in my area, make a decision then based on that.

I see the sims aren't free any longer, Three require you to buy a minimum top up of €10 and Tesco charge €2.50

Not true for Tesco anyway....see link.

http://shop.tescomobile.ie/free-international-sims.aspx
    Tesco Mobile Free Sim

If you want to keep your existing phone and number but want get great value from Tesco Mobile, then order a Free Sim now!
    • Regular Sim (For most phones)
    • Micro Sim (For iPhone 4S,Galaxy S3, Nokia Lumia)
    • Nano Sim (for IPhone 5)

• Advertisement

I paid €2.50 for a tesco sim on Monday evening?

Not sure if I hit a wrong link or what

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gymnipities

I paid €2.50 for a tesco sim on Monday evening?

Not sure if I hit a wrong link or what

No, it's €2.50 for a sim unless you are transferring your existing number over to Tesco, in which case it's free. But as we're talking here about getting a sim just to test speeds then you'd have to pay for it.

Perfect thanks. I don't mind paying the €2.50 to try it out

Advertisement