Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boi debit cards. Faulty?

Options
  • 16-06-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I am just after trying my debit card and the card reader says it faulty.... this is the second card ive had that this has happened to. Had anyone experienced something like this with these cards? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What machines, and whose machines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭john.han

I've had the same problem, started by not working in instore atms and now won't work anywhere, phoned them earlier and was informed of a charge for a new card, told them I wasn't willing to pay as I've kept the card in very good condition (only about 8 months old) so will have to call into a branch this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭Tow

They appear to be of cheap quality. Mine is already starting to delaminate and is only a few months old. The others card in my wallet which are several years old, while grubby are in better condition.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your posts.  We will answer them all here.
    mikesvr6 wrote: »
    I am just after trying my debit card and the card reader says it faulty.... this is the second card ive had that this has happened to. Had anyone experienced something like this with these cards? Thanks

If you are having issues with your Visa Debit card, please contact Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 or your account holding branch directly and they will be able to order you a new card.

john.han wrote: »
    I've had the same problem, started by not working in instore atms and now won't work anywhere, phoned them earlier and was informed of a charge for a new card, told them I wasn't willing to pay as I've kept the card in very good condition (only about 8 months old) so will have to call into a branch this week.

If your ATM card stopped working due to no fault of your own, you should not be charged for a replacement card.  Please contact your branch directly and they will be happy to assist you.

Tow wrote: »
    They appear to be of cheap quality. Mine is already starting to delaminate and is only a few months old. The others card in my wallet which are several years old, while grubby are in better condition.

We are looking into this and we will get back to you as soon as we have an update.

Thanks for posting 

Seán

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Tow wrote: »
    Hi Tow,

I have contacted our Visa Debit section on your behalf and they are sorry to hear about your card.  They have assured us that all our Visa Debit cards are designed to last a few years. If you would like to order a replacement card please contact your account holding branch directly.

Thanks again for posting

Seán

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Susie120704

I had the same problem with my card and the bank wanted to charge me. EVENTUALLY ON A SECOND VISIT THEY DID REPLACE IT FOR FREE. They are clearly using substandard cards as the numbers are fading off the new card already and I carry all my cards in a wallet at all times. It was even suggested that the other cards in my wallet were to blame but none of them are showing the wear that the BOI debit card shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi all,

As there is alot of comments on this thread we have asked our Visa Debit card department to look into this further. We will post here once we have an update.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I would also like to say my card is also only a few months old and reads as faulty in machines a huge amount of the time.

Advertisement