Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Makeup Help!!

• 16-06-2013 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all,

This is my first post in here but I'm a long time lurker!! My sister is getting married this Friday and believe it or not I just bought the dress I'm going to wear on Friday in Kildare Village, total bargain!!! The dress is mostly a light blue with lilac/lavender details. I have a lilac wrap and clutch & lacey white shoes but I'm wondering what kind of makeup to wear. I was thinking purple eyeshadows but I'm afraid I'll be too purple!!! Also if I went with purple eyes what kind of lipstick would go with it? I rarely wear lippy but the only one I use is a redy/pink lipstick but can't see this working! Has anyone any advice? I'm blonde with blue eyes & pale skin (even with tan!). Pics of the dress below:

Thanks for any replies :)
    c44dc62aa690fc658d66a54f2a8fbfc8.image.125x200.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I'd go for a silver and black smokey eye with nude lips, I'm the same colouring as you and it suits me. You could keep it to silver/grey if you're not confident with black and grey is one of the colours that makes blue eyes pop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

+ 1 for strong eye with nude lip, you could incorporate purple tones into your eye make up - will look very pretty going to a Summer wedding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It's more important to match your make up to your eyes than to your dress. You could even go with some shinny skin colored or a bit lighter eye make up (i think it's described as champagne) and statement lips. Or you could go for sort of brown/grey eyes and more toned down lips.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to Beauty :)

I think grey and lilac tones would be nice, as long as it's not too draining with your skin tone. A pinky nude lip would be nice too, something like MAC Angel or Cream Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Brown , copper and gold/bronze hues tend to make blue eyes stand out the most so I'd prob say go with those and a nude lip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Definitely take your eye colour into account, if the eyeshadow doesn't compliment the colour of your eyes and skin tone, it won't look good.

For blue and green eyes, greys/black, browns/bronze/golds, and purples are nice. For brown eyes, almost anything looks good.

Don't go for anything too bright, I find most super bright eyeshadows can look very 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

I'd go with smokey eyes and nude lips with a nice blusher!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Chloe29

I think a smokey eye too-you can pop a bit of purple in there and maybe a slight purple tint below the eye as part of the smokey look but definitely stick with a nude lip- otherwise will be too ott! Love the dress :-)

http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2010/08/saucy-eye-makeup-idea-kim-kard.html

• Registered Users Posts: 35 twiggy86

Thank you so much to everyone who replied, sure you's are a great bunch!! I'm gonna attempt a smokey eye so fingers crossed!! I usually only wear an iridescent eyeshadow so am terrified of making myself look like a drag queen!!

Thanks a million again :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭joanmul

Absolutely love the dress! Hope the day (and the make-up) went well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

A pet peeve of mine is eye shadow matching clothes, that's just me though :D

I feel natural make up looks work well on everyone, also classic and elegant looking.

Here's a beautiful look, I know it's a bridal tutorial but works for all.

Advertisement