Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on presentation of tables in thesis

Options
  • 16-06-2013 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭

Just going to print tomorrow with a Master's thesis and was wondering if anyone could offer an experienced opinion on a fairly simple matter.

I have four chapters in the thesis and there are ony two tables in those - one on chapter one and the other in chapter four. My supervisor said to name the first one 1.1 so I am presuming that the one in chapter four should be 4.1? (because even though it's only the second table it's in chapter four) Does that make sense?

Also I am putting some tabular stuff into a couple of appendix pages at the end. Do I need to 'name' those tables and put them in the 'list of tables' page? I wouldn't have though so since they are covered in the content pages as appendices anyway, but was just hoping for maybe some clearer heads to give a view.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

By the way, this doesn't matter now. I've made a decision - right or wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Check out the 'Chicago Manual of Style' or some other such resource. Wouldn't want to do it incorrectly.

Advertisement