Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name of these flowers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Is this a competition?

What do I win if I get them right?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

No Im looking to find out the names so as to possibly buy them myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Theres a load of different ones there, including clematis, azalea, rhododendron, iris, thrift, tigerlily, geranium, pelargonum, solanum, arum lily, honeysuckle, not in that order, I just typed them as I remembered them, but you should be able to sort them in google images now you have the names :-)

Be warned that they are not necessarily all suitable for the same conditions, and do not all flower at the same time.

Actually they should defintley be able to grow in my garden.Those picture were actually taken this morning in my home town.Thanks alot looksee for the names

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Just because they grow in your town means nothing, soil and aspects vary massively. You'll be better off picking plants to suit your site rather than picking what you like and just hoping for the best. It's the difference between thriving and and struggling plus wasted time and money.

• Advertisement

i agree.Its not like im going to plat them all.Certainly not rhododendhron ive heard it can easily out compete native plants and conataminate the soil for years.Some of the plants like the clamatis I can pot and have it climb on my house.I have grown tiger lilies in my garden before so they should be a problem(they ones i photographed look like a slightly different species).Ill plant the same Tiger lillies I did before( i was just curious as to the name of the plants).I live near an arboretum/garden centre where I consult someone on which is the best to plant,tips and probably give them a soil sample.

Im also wondering does anyone know these species as i think some may be overgrown weeds and also out of curiosity

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92499048@N08/sets/72157634175763017/

I think the first one could be buddliea, the next one skimmia japonica. The third one is some sort of currant and the last one is a wild geranium/cranesbill. You could prune and bully the first three into submission, they are shrubs but a bit weedy too, the last one is pretty but definitely a weed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

looksee wrote: »
    the next one skimmia japonica.

I think you meant Kerria japonica :)

You are absolutely correct! :-)

• Advertisement

would also like the name of these two species 051 and 046
    http://www.flickr.com/pho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

would also like the name of these two species 051 and 046
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/?start_tab=one_set72157634155579617

Can't see em because it is telling me to sign in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Advertisement