Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dismal speeds

Options
  • 16-06-2013 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

I'm having awful problems with my connection speed every day after 6, and pretty much all the time during weekends. The connection remains up, but the speeds drop to between .3 and .5Mb .Outside of these time periods, the speeds are fine. Overall there are no syncing problems and line drops are few and far between. I have no handset on the line and am connecting directly to the modem.

I realise its likely to be as a result of congestion, but I would like to query how this lines up with the terms of service for my broadband package. I have recently renewed my contract for 18 months as part of an Emobile mobile plan, but if this is what Im expected to endure then Im going to have to reconsider my options. Coincidentally, since 3 weeks ago I now have full 3G coverage inside my house, which returns speeds approxiately twice the maximum the DSL service provides.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

BobTheBeat wrote: »
    I'm having awful problems with my connection speed every day after 6, and pretty much all the time during weekends. The connection remains up, but the speeds drop to between .3 and .5Mb .Outside of these time periods, the speeds are fine. Overall there are no syncing problems and line drops are few and far between. I have no handset on the line and am connecting directly to the modem.

I realise its likely to be as a result of congestion, but I would like to query how this lines up with the terms of service for my broadband package. I have recently renewed my contract for 18 months as part of an Emobile mobile plan, but if this is what Im expected to endure then Im going to have to reconsider my options. Coincidentally, since 3 weeks ago I now have full 3G coverage inside my house, which returns speeds approxiately twice the maximum the DSL service provides.

Thanks for your help.
    Hi BobTheBeat, 

If you are not on our next generation exchange so you will suffer from congestion in the exchange and generally in the evening as it is the busiest times. I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done in relation to this. However you can call our technical support team on 1890 260 260, they will troubleshoot over the phone with you to identify if there is any other issues. 

Thanks 

Tracey

Advertisement