Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 Seconds To Mars Arena Tour

Options
  • 16-06-2013 8:16pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

November Arena Tour

14th - Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
    15th - NIA Birmingham
    16th - Manchester Arena
    18th - Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
    19th - Glasgow Hydro
    21st - Nottingham Capital FM Arena
    23rd - O2 London
    25th - Dublin, The O2
    26th - Belfast Odyssey Arena
    https://vine.co/v/hBJHU7LYpXp

Special guests YouMeAtSix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No Irish date.......THANK FCUK!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can see YouMeAtSix supporting them since they have an announcement tomorrow. Wont be surprised if we dont get a show after last times terrible turn out

Can see YouMeAtSix supporting them since they have an announcement tomorrow. Wont be surprised if we dont get a show after last times terrible turn out

I was at that, won tickets on Nova, we had seats lower tier, second row, right in the middle but couldn't be arsed so just sat on the side.

Wifey and i just looked at each other and played the BOING game, 3 boings from each of us and we'd leave, think we got to the 3rd song, utterly terrible live band

scudzilla wrote: »
    I was at that, won tickets on Nova, we had seats lower tier, second row, right in the middle but couldn't be arsed so just sat on the side.

Wifey and i just looked at each other and played the BOING game, 3 boings from each of us and we'd leave, think we got to the 3rd song, utterly terrible live band

Yea i was always a fan of them but have to agree they are not a great live act

• Advertisement

Wow, last time there was about 3,000 there if that, and it's 40blips (+fee's) per ticket, why didn't they make it a very cheap show (25/28), would have sold more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Playing the o2 & the odyssey here..
    Ticketmaster has ym@6 down as belfast support too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Agh, I'd like to see YouMeAtSix again, but I hate 30 Seconds to Mars! Weighing up if it's worth it or not...

Agh, I'd like to see YouMeAtSix again, but I hate 30 Seconds to Mars! Weighing up if it's worth it or not...

Wait until the week before the gig, Radio stations (Nova & Phantom) will be full of Competitions etc, also people will sell tickets and sell them cheap the day or 2 before the gig.

Not a hope in hell this sells out, not a hope it even half sells

They really should only be doing 1 Irish date imo even with YouMeAtSix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

Yeah, I watched them at Download yesterday and it was actually painful...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

They sold 4000 last time (out of a 15,000 capacity) in the O2...what idiot decided they should do TWO arena dates this time?
    Suppose it's better for me if i decide to go cos there'll be cheap tickets floating around on the day :P
    They really should only be doing 1 Irish date imo even with YouMeAtSix

agreed completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

I was thinking of going to this. Planned on buying tickets next week but looking at the chat here I doubt I will bother!! Bit disappointing they seem to be so sh!t live cos I only really got into them a few months ago and only downloaded an album a few weeks ago. Pity Black Stone Cherry don't have an Irish date :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

One of the most disappointing live acts I've ever seen. Surprising when you consider they have the catchy songs, some sing-along choruses, all that anthemn-ic stuff going on, a front man who should be able to act like one .... and yet it all falls flat live. Not judging the music in any way, just wondering why they've never addressed that part of the package, dunno watch a bunch of U2 concerts and try and copy the on stage vibe. Not even sure why I gave this any thought, they'd be well off my radar as a band.

Yea they seem to be hit and miss live . Im still not 100% sure if ill go , but ill decide closer to the date since there will be no problem getting tickets for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'd go along with that thought Mr.S. Maybe they are a small venue band. The Olympia would be cool maybe

Agreed completely. Might head up because the place is gonna be half empty and there'll be plenty of cheap tickets around :P YMAS might outperform them tho :O

Keep an eye out for radio comps (Nova & Phantom), they'll be flooded wit them 2 weeks before the gig. I won a pair to the last O2 show and they were dire, we left after 5 songs, ears bleeding and all that

Anyone go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Anyone go?

Was there last night, they upped the game big time since the last show, Jared had the crowd going from the start and the new album stuff let them put performing artists in the set which was cool! Youmeat6 were an unreal choice as support and it would of been worth just going to see them!

All in all great gig and onto a7x next)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Toobz wrote: »
    Was there last night, they upped the game big time since the last show, Jared had the crowd going from the start and the new album stuff let them put performing artists in the set which was cool! Youmeat6 were an unreal choice as support and it would of been worth just going to see them!

All in all great gig and onto a7x next)

Was Leto as much of an arrogant tool as last time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Was Leto as much of an arrogant tool as last time?

Near the start he may have told the security guards trying to stop people to stand up at the tier railing that they worked for him but bar that he was pretty good!

Toobz wrote: »
    Near the start he may have told the security guards trying to stop people to stand up at the tier railing that they worked for him but bar that he was pretty good!

He did something similar last time telling the security to stop breaking up the pits . Was in 2 minds about going after last time as people said last time was ok but due to funds and actually forgetting it was yesterday i didnt go .

What was the turn out like?

Advertisement