Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting a sniper

• 16-06-2013 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

hey guys, im planning on spraying a woodland camo onto my mauser sr folding stock sniper and i was jsut wondering what parts id have to cover so that the internals are ruined with the paint, the magwell is an obvious one but where else would i need to cover
    (pic is not my actual gun but same model)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

are you looking to spray the stock only or stock and barrel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

both id say, i have camo tape so i might just leave that on the barrel

bushball wrote: »
    both id say, i have camo tape so i might just leave that on the barrel

Then the best bet would be remove the screws to the stock and remove the barrel assembly then pain the stock.

When it's try pop it back together.

thanks, would it be safe to paint the barrel as well?

bushball wrote: »
    thanks, would it be safe to paint the barrel as well?

I'd be careful tbh

• Advertisement

k thanks for the tips

no worries someone else that is into spraying guns maybe able to give you more insight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

As andy said the easiest way is to remove the stock. Theres no problem painting the barrel i've painted mine again i removed the other barrel but u don't have to. If your leaving the barrel asembled just tape over the hop up unit (it won't be seen)and push a small piece of cloth into the front of the barrel so u don't get over spray in there. To prepare it for paint get some scoth pad and tac cloth(motor factors). Scoth the stock and barrel and then wipe down with tac cloth and your ready to paint.I've painted a few guns so any other question just ask i'll be glad to help.

thansk the helps alot

Advertisement