Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep apnea in cats

• 16-06-2013 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had a cat with sleep apnea? I'm not sure that is what's going on with Felix but it just crossed my mind today that it could explain whats been going on with him lately. He doesn't eat any more than Jazzy does yet he's carrying a lot of weight, despite us putting him on a grainfree diet.

Over the past month his weight has taken a jump and he's bigger than he's ever been. He's an indoor/outdoor cat so it's possible someone else is feeding him. He snores sometimes but over the past month or so he sometimes jolts awake and makes a kind of sound like a gasp and a sneeze, it's odd and it only seems to happen while he's asleep.

We had him at the vet during the week but the vet who normally sees him was off. They couldn't find anything wrong with him, apart from the weight of course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Soodle

The gasping sound could be to do with being overweight. I would also bring him back to your vet, when your usual veterinarian returns, it may just have to be a process of elimination.

Advertisement