Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Because this is nothing new! And I am wise enough to know that if he stays on and starts banging them in from late September on we'll all love him again. Rooney dabbled with City to get a shiny new contract; Modric huffed and puffed then returned to turn in a brilliant final season; Tevez has always gotten his way in many respects and always returned to give his all where it matters.

Footballers who come from nothing and play the game with a fierce desire to win are not classy.

Rubbish. Plenty of footballers came from poor backgrounds, showed fierce determination on the pitch, and showed class off the pitch.

Just as there have been plenty of footballers from nice backgrounds, who were lacking in on pitch drive, and who were utterly classless off the pitch.

Thought your post was pretty bang on until that sweeping generalisation of a last line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

joe123 wrote: »
    No no, I think everyone is aware we need to get back into the champions league and start properly challenging again. Unfortunately bad transfer dealings and the hiring of Hodgson and the squandering of 100 million set us right back.

Honestly though, I'd hate to "support" a club, that for the most part I seem to show utter contempt for these days. If I remember correctly, you couldnt even enjoy our good wins last season. Id find that very sad.

Our good wins last season were meaningless. When we win some meaningful games I'll enjoy it as much as anyone, I promise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

His desperation to walk should really be a wake up call for a lot of people on here tbh.

not.a.chance

very short memories from some on here. So short I think they have a Men In Black flash light at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

murpho999 wrote: »
    Ah come on Lloyd, not all this again

We've been out of it for the last 4 seasons but we are improving.

We were in transition last year and finished 9 points better than the previous which equates to three more wins.

Yesterday you said it "I think gaining three less losses and one less draw over the course of the season is a lot harder than it sounds." but you just ignore that it happened last season.

Cup runs means more wins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Keep calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

joe123 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, you couldnt even enjoy our good wins last season. Id find that very sad.

What good wins? We won one game against a top 6 side.

Ah come on Lloyd, not all this again

We've been out of it for the last 4 seasons but we are improving.

We were in transition last year and finished 9 points better than the previous which equates to three more wins.

Yesterday you said it "I think gaining three less losses and one less draw over the course of the season is a lot harder than it sounds." but you just ignore that it happened last season.

Take it from his perspective. The first few months he was at the club some good football was played, points haul was around CL requirements. Then we spent a pile of money. And then two years later we're having the same conversation with respect to what is needed for the CL as in July 2011. HIS start point isn't substantially different to now, which is the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

His desperation to walk should really be a wake up call for a lot of people on here tbh.

You don't know what's going on behind the scenes or his real reason for it.

Personally I wonder if he's not happy with how the club handled his bite ban.

I do think he owes the club a lot with how he's damaged the club's name and I think we'll be better off without him off the pitch if you know what I mean.

You don't know what's going on behind the scenes or his real reason for it.

Personally I wonder if he's not happy with how the club handled his bite ban.

I do think he owes the club a lot with how he's damaged the clubs name and in think we'll be better off without him off the pitch if you know what I mean.

Yeah well, the British media has a well established vendetta against him and not having to deal with that is pro to his departure. I just don't think it comes near balancing out what he gives us on the pitch. With him there is hope of all sorts of outlandish things. Without him right now, well. :(

Suarez will not be an Arsenal player so everyone should be refreshing to see if Hig has signed for Napoli.

If he has then our set back with Mkhitaryan will look pretty small compared to who Arsenal have turn to next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

Kess73 wrote: »
    Hey Miley, How is Biddy keeping?

Think I have the right names there :D

Have some respect! Shes dead :(

Take it from his perspective. The first few months he was at the club some good football was played, points haul was around CL requirements. Then we spent a pile of money. And then two years later we're having the same conversation with respect to what is needed for the CL as in July 2011. HIS start point isn't substantially different to now, which is the point.

It is quite possible that he has an overwhelming desire to compete at a higher level than Liverpool FC can allow him to do at present, but there is also the possibility that he is just after more cash and is willing to peddle whatever excuse gets him closer to that goal.

Would prefer to think it was the former, but his changing of excuses in interviews hints at the latter.

Either way if we can get a massive fee for him,and when spoend all of it on real quality then we might have a shot at getting back into the mix for a CL slot for the first time since the 2008/09 season.

If he goes and the team is stronger thanks to the money we get, then I am good with that. If he stays and performs as I think he would, then I am also good with that. But he is the one in a position to make his stance crystal clear with a transfer request, but methinks the desire for a lump sum payout may win out over his desperate need to get to a CL club.

delaney001 wrote: »
    Have some respect! Shes dead :(

Who is? The character or the person who played her?

Yeah well, the British media has a well established vendetta against him and not having to deal with that is pro to his departure. I just don't think it comes near balancing out what he gives us on the pitch. With him there is hope of all sorts of outlandish things. Without him right now, well. :(

Poor Suarez.

Victimized by the English media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Leiva wrote: »
    Suarez will not be an Arsenal player so everyone should be refreshing to see if Hig has signed for Napoli.

If he has then our set back with Mkhitaryan will look pretty small compared to who Arsenal have turn to next.

He won't be an Arsenal player, but if he leaves for Madrid ye'll be left with Sturridge and Aspas and no big targets left either. Worrying.

L'prof wrote: »
    He won't be an Arsenal player, but if he leaves for Madrid ye'll be left with Sturridge and Aspas and no big targets left either. Worrying.

I heard we will be getting Wilshire and Walcott :pac::pac::pac:

L'prof wrote: »

True but £40mil+ and not have to watch him rip us a new one in the PL should help.

Rodgers with £40mil doesn't inspire much confidence but:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

and 25 Million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Get over it. We're just trying to buy a very good player for a lot of money from you.

Get personal if you want but my advice would be to ignore it. Why worry yourself about where Arsenal go next?

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »
    Poor Suarez.

Victimized by the English media.

No you're right, Defoe's biting incident was treated in a similar manner, they have no agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

gosplan wrote: »
    Get over it. We're just trying to buy a very good player for a lot of money from you.

Get personal if you want but my advice would be to ignore it. Why worry yourself about where Arsenal go next?

Arsenal have every right to make a move for Suarez, I just don't think they are really serious. They know it puts out all the right notes for the fans but I think the last thing they want is a bid to be accepted.

gosplan wrote: »

Personal ? Lol

We will/should never sell to a club in a position that we want to be in. full stop.

I have slated the owners on here for many a thing but I don't think they are that stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm gonna put it on the record that i think Suarez won't be going anywhere this summer.

IMO a lot of what he has said has been severely lost in translation. First off he wanted to leave because of the way the English media were treating him but now he wants to go to Arsenal. Is Arsenal not in London? Is London not the capital of England?

Arsenal have made a bid just so they can say to their fans hey we made a bid for a top player and it was refused, but at least we are showing ambition. I haven't heard Suarez come out and say he wanted to go to Arsenal. Yet everyone is now taking it as gospel because someone on Twitter said it.

This body language bull**** this morning is the biggest joke i have ever heard. The guy threw a strop when KK subbed him a couple of seasons ago and everyone wanted to lick his arse because he wants to play every minute of every game. He comes on for ten minutes in a friendly and looks dejected so it must mean that he wants to leave. It of course couldn't mean that a guy who craves football, who would play a five a side game in the park to get a game was pissed off at only getting ten minutes.

Its amazing that everyone would rather throw their toys out and believe all the negativity rather than the fact that it could all well be horse ****e. Some nomark can come on Twitter and say that Suarez wants to leave because Liverpool are ****e and a nothing club and everyone would swallow it hook line and sinker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

...yeah...
    True but £40mil+ and not have to watch him rip us a new one in the PL should help.

Rodgers with £40mil doesn't inspire much confidence but:(

Not sure I'd want him at what he'd end up costing us, great player though. Whatever Rodgers does with the money, it won't be another Carroll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

No you're right, Defoe's biting incident was treated in a similar manner, they have no agenda.

Come on now Lloyd.......

• Advertisement

How dare you. The English media is the fairest, most moral, even handed media on the planet.

Now excuse me whilst I go leap into a bath of bleach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Personal ? Lol

Here, there's no need to cut as deep as you did. Keep it to the football, man!

The english media are rotten to the core.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Here, there's no need to cut as deep as you did. Keep it to the football, man!

It must be the way I type. :p

My last infraction when is the millwall riot thread when I said something which when I re read it did sound like I was talking about the rioters and not a specific poster - water under the bridge now but I must be more carfeful how I type so not to be picked up wrong.

Lets call a spade a spade, all this nonsense is as a result of Suarez himself.

If he played for anyone else he would be seen for the degenerate he is.

Get a decent price for him from Madrid and lets move on.

• Advertisement

Taking a break from all this transfer nonsense.

Stay classy.

Pedalstool wrote: »

ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That's horse****. He is a Headerball but you can't deny he gives everything when he steps on the field. I'll defend him to the last until he leaves the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:) * Adorjan is playing for Groningen against Gatafe from 6 pm* :)

Just sayin' like.

niallo27 wrote: »
    That's horse****. He is a Headerball but you can't deny he gives everything when he steps on the field. I'll defend him to the last until he leaves the club.

Great player, not a great person. Given the level of backing and support he's got from the club and the fans, he has shown no respect in return.

He's a disgrace in my opinion.

If he wanted to leave to join Madrid, then these things can be done in a dignified and respectful manner. Instead he's prostituted himself through the media trying to push through a move.

Thats just my opinion of him. Leaving aside the disgraceful behaviour on the pitch that dragged the clubs reputation through the gutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,710 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If he plaed for anyone else, we'd hate him, but whatever club he played for would have 95% of it's supporters defneding him or not giving a **** a long as he bange in goals.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Great player, not a great person. Given the level of backing and support he's got from the club and the fans, he has shown no respect in return.

He's a disgrace in my opinion.

If he wanted to leave to join Madrid, then these things can be done in a dignified and respectful manner. Instead he's prostituted himself through the media trying to push through a move.

Thats just my opinion of him. Leaving aside the disgraceful behaviour on the pitch that dragged the clubs reputation through the gutter.

Exactly. The way he went about it is all wrong. He should have simply handed in a transfer request and made a simple statement about how he was grateful for all the club did for him, but that he needs a new challenge.

I wish there were some way we could see the back of him without it doing damage to our slender hopes of a top 4 finish. No idea how we do that though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Exactly. The way he went about it is all wrong. He should have simply handed in a transfer request and made a simple statement about how he was grateful for all the club did for him, but that he needs a new challenge.

I wish there were some way we could see the back of him without it doing damage to our slender hopes of a top 4 finish. No idea how we do that though.

Buy a top class player. We actually played quite well towards the end of last season when Suarez was banned. I think its doing a disservice to some of our players to say we are a one man team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

It's simple.

Unless an offer comes in north of £60m we should not be selling Suarez to a club we are aiming to compete against. Even then it'd be questionable but borderline excusable.

To sell for anything less would be idiocy of the highest order from all involved from Rodgers to Ayre to Werner to Henry.

Come on Real, get the finger out :(

Firstly, the club should not sell him to Arsenal. Sell him to Madrid who will soon have a Higuain sized hole to fill.

It seems the club are interested in signing Soldado. If they could manage that, it would an excellent addition.

That would still leave enough money to purchase a quality defender.

There are a lot of positives for Liverpool at the moment leaving aside the Suarez issue. Some very good young players who are improving all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads Real already bought a replacement for Higuain his name is Isco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Do you mean uisce, that's deep man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hes a midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Deep Lying attacker really, But yeah they have Ronaldo, Benzema, Isco,Modric, countless other attacking players and not once have Real or Marca there crap paper mentioned Suarez its Bale there after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Different players. Isco AMF, higuain out an out striker.

They have Benzema, all depends what Ancelloti makes of him and how much he wants Suarez in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭joe123

Our good wins last season were meaningless. When we win some meaningful games I'll enjoy it as much as anyone, I promise.

Well thats exactly what I mean. Im not sure do you automatically expect us to be challenging for titles or something.

What do you call a supporter who refuses to support and enjoy wins against the likes of Newcastle and Wigan, but will only enjoy wins against big sides and big games?

Hmmmm doesnt sound like much of a supporter to me. Berates the manager since day one, ignores good points of progression, finds fault in absolutely everything.

Ah well sure we all know you are going to continue the way you are.

I would hate to be like you to be honest. Im aware of where the club is and where we need to go. But il be damned if that stops me from enjoying some of the good wins we had last season.

You continue to demand instant success anyways...or wait you continue to not support the club until we are back challenging and beating the top teams?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Deep Lying attacker really, But yeah they have Ronaldo, Benzema, Isco,Modric, countless other attacking players and not once have Real or Marca there crap paper mentioned Suarez its Bale there after

They have. In June Marca was reporting an agreement had been signed. One of the daily's was reporting a few weeks ago they were going to make another pass.

All of which means precisely nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This popped up on my Twitter feed, if its true we kept that quiet.....

LiverpoolNews ‏@NewsTweetsLFC 53s
    Liverpool have reportedly agreed personal terms with Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen [ESPN]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

There's no vendetta against him, the fact is that had any other foreign player conducted themselves in the manner Suarez has throughout his career, they'd be subject to the same negative coverage. I'm not defending the xenophobic approach adopted by the british media, but the negative press he receives is a reaction to his own actions. It's no coincidence that others without a track record like his have avoided such hassle
    niallo27 wrote: »

I don't disagree about the effort he puts in on the pitch, but I certainly wouldn't excuse a player of his bad behaviour on account of his performances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement