Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Pedalstool wrote: »
    The last post was a load of old guff in my opinion. Interesting that you have a list of managers.

Yep, loaning Reina out to save on the wages is a wonderful outcome for the club. Good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

is anyone a little perturbed by the willingness of Suarez to speak with Arsenal?

Does he know something we don't in relation to Real Madrid? seems to be a foregone conclusion amongst fans that they will show their hand soon, but maybe Suarez sees Arsenal as his only genuine suitors?

Surely if Suarez was aware of Real's interest he would continue with his stance that he wishes to leave England.

Just a thought of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

is anyone a little perturbed by the willingness of Suarez to speak with Arsenal?

Does he know something we don't in relation to Real Madrid? seems to be a foregone conclusion amongst fans that they will show their hand soon, but maybe Suarez sees Arsenal as his only genuine suitors?

Just a thought of course

Or maybe hes using Arsenal to kick Real into action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yep, loaning Reina out to save on the wages is a wonderful outcome for the club. Good man.

What makes you think it was Rogers choice to loan Reina out? I'd say he would have been very happy with both Reina and Mignolet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

If Reina is not going to be first choice then it would be stupid to keep him. He's on £110,000 a week. And it's not like any other position on the pitch. Barring injuries, your sub keeper never plays. Keeping someone that expensive on the bench is simply a waste of resources.

So if he's not first choice, he has to go.

Some accounts say that Reina would not go anywhere but Barca permanently. It seems Barca don't want him this summer.

What are the club to do (other than keep £5.5 million a year on the bench, hopefully not to make a single league appearance all going well)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

It looks like there's going to be a messy Legal Battle on the Horizon.
    Jack Widnell ‏@jackwfootball 1m
    The Guardian reports that Liverpool are considering legal action against Arsenal who broke PL rules finding the clause in Suarez's contract.

MrBoywunder ‏@MrBoywunder 57s
    #LFC are prepared for a protracted and potentially legal dispute with Arsenal over Suarez's contract. (Andy Hunter)

If Suarez is this little kid who just wants to win, well then he doesn’t want to play for Arsenal. Does anyone think that just playing in the CL will satisfy this monster?

It looks like there's going to be a messy Legal Battle on the Horizon.

And they should. If not, what is the point of having contracts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

T-K-O wrote: »
    And they should. If not, what is the point of having contracts.

So every club who makes a bid for a player should be taken to court?

So every club who makes a bid for a player should be taken to court?

Dont be silly. Read the thread.

• Advertisement

Never mind the thread,read the post above mine. :rolleyes:

Dont be silly. Read the thread.

What have arsenal done wrong exactly?

FFS

The Guardian reports that Liverpool are considering legal action against Arsenal who broke PL rules finding the clause in Suarez's contract.

How about now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

How did they know about the clause if they didn't speak to the player or his representatives prior to making the bid. I think this is the bone of contention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

LiamoSail wrote: »
    The issue isn't what was said, the issue is who said it

We could win the league next season and there'd be people complaining that Rodgers didn't touch the "this is anfield" sign as he left the tunnel

I was talking to a friend about just that last night.

He said if someone posted a gif of Rodgers walking on water, someone else would use it as proof that Rodgers cant swim.

Just no winning with some people.

How did they know about the clause if they didn't speak to the player or his representatives prior to making the bid. I think this is the bone of contention

Media speculation would be a decent excuse. I'm pretty sure the likes of Tony Barrett had reported it previously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

With the bid Arsenal put in of 40 million and a pound, it seems as if they have found out the release clause in Suarez's contract, which they are not meant to know as it breaks the rules. So LFC could take them to court on how they found out about the release clause, which could be pure messy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The entire planet knew there was some sort of clause met at 40m, fairly easy defence..

I knew about it weeks ago after reading it in the paper, was hardly a big secret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

If Suarez is this little kid who just wants to win, well then he doesn’t want to play for Arsenal. Does anyone think that just playing in the CL will satisfy this monster?

Luis listened to the little boy inside him who grew up watching Arsenal teams dry humping each other to celebrate finishing fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Maybe they read the newspapers. :pac:

FFS

How about now

Ffs see above posts from your fellow supporters.

Ffs.

Ffs.

mosstin wrote: »
    Luis listened to the little boy inside him who grew up watching Arsenal teams dry humping each other to celebrate finishing fourth.

If your team could finish 4th you wouldn't be losing luis.

bad2dabone wrote: »

We won't be losing him to Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I don't see how Arsenal bidding 40m+£1 is proof that they used some ilicit means to investigate Suarez contract. It had been suggested by loads of sources that the clause existed before the window even opened, and long before Arsenal started bidding.

Seems to me that this info was probably leaked by Pere Guardiola to all and sundry some time ago. We can hardly take action against Arsenal for Pere Guardiola's actions.

• Advertisement

I've said it already but if Suarez moves to Arsenal for a fee under £60m (ie so ridiculously high that it won't happen), heads need to roll at Anfield.

Here comes a New Challeger! Real Madrid
    Ben Smith (@BenSmithBBC)
    7/24/13, 7:40 PM
    @SteveJacksdad don't think it will be long before they come to the table. And that will change everything

Ben Smith (@BenSmithBBC)
    7/24/13, 7:38 PM
    @Robinstanford LFC will insist Suarez hands in a transfer request before they allow him to move

50M
    Billy Liddell ‏@Liddellpool 1m
    #LFC are adamant Suarez will not be sold for less than £50 million" acc to The Times

Arsenal...
    LFCTS ‏@LFCTS 6m
    Rory Smith on The Times - Liverpool remain confident that talks between Suarez and Arsenal are meaningless.

Suarez Goningen Redux?
    LFCTS ‏@LFCTS 5m
    Rory Smith - It is thought Suarez has been in contact with his legal team in Uruguay if the saga drags on & LFC refuse to talk with Arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Media speculation would be a decent excuse. I'm pretty sure the likes of Tony Barrett had reported it previously
    AdamD wrote: »
    The entire planet knew there was some sort of clause met at 40m, fairly easy defence..
    I knew about it weeks ago after reading it in the paper, was hardly a big secret.
    Maybe they read the newspapers. :pac:

I'm not arguing the point, just stating that from the tweet, this would seem to be the legal issue the club are taking arsenal up on

Anyway, Im relatively certain wenger is on record as saying he doesn't read, or take any notice of the papers :pac:

mosstin wrote: »
    We won't be losing him to Arsenal.

Alright Mystic meg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Redux?

Now there's a word you don't see everyday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

Liverpool should try for Dzecko if Suarez moves on. Would be the perfect player for Liverpool

Pepe Goodbye? Are we Selling him then?
    Pepe Reina @PReina25
    Thanks everybody for the support!!really appreciate it..in the next few days I'll say good bye like I wanted to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

ooooooooh....burn!!

Ffs see above posts from your fellow supporters.

Ffs.

Ffs.

Internet message board, reading required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

We'll be lose him to a team with realistic hopes of winning a league title or CL. That would suit Suarez's ambition level. So it won't be Arsenal.

slingerz wrote: »
    Liverpool should try for Dzecko if Suarez moves on. Would be the perfect player for Liverpool

Not for me. He's not much use out wide and with Sturridge in the team we need a guy who can adopt.

Suarez calls his legal team.

Brendan calls Alex Inglethorpe and tells him to expect an extra body for the next 6 weeks.

Alright Mystic meg.

Um, if Suarez wants to better himself do you think he'd be wise to join Arsenal? That is, if you define bettering himself as something other than being in the top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Wonder will Pepe play at Gerrard's testimonial. Hope so tbh.

• Advertisement

This thread is dying a death

Madrid to fire a £40,000,002 bid on Sep 2nd..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

NukaCola wrote: »

Its just going around in circles right now, which is probably to be expected such is circumstance.

Season can't start soon enough.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Knex. wrote: »
    Wonder will Pepe play at Gerrard's testimonial. Hope so tbh.

Hopefully at least a non playing appearance. I'd say he will, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Suarez calls his legal team.

Brendan calls Alex Inglethorpe and tells him to expect an extra body for the next 6 weeks.

Better Call Saul.

Not for me. He's not much use out wide and with Sturridge in the team we need a guy who can adopt.

:pac: this is crazy......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭klose

I think the suarez saga is clouding a bit of a sad moment imo which is reina is ultimately off, seems like a loan and then permnently next season unless something drastic happens.
    Cant say im happy in the fashion hes going but ill miss him like most others and will be a big loss in the dressing room. Ive high hopes in mignolet stepping up to be a very good keeper and that agger and Lucas will speak up in the dressing room and on the pitch.

Everyones favourite moment here surely?

264019.jpg

ush wrote: »
    We'll be lose him to a team with realistic hopes of winning a league title or CL. That would suit Suarez's ambition level. So it won't be Arsenal.

We'll see. I will still be surprised to see him at arsenal, but mostly because I don't see arsenal paying 50m. However arsenal are coming out of a period of financial.....austerity....and are better positioned to realize their ambitions than at any time in the past few seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

NukaCola wrote: »

Don't worry,there should be a new one along tomorrow.:P

Christ almighty,we're eatin' threads lads. Eatin' them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,710 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Madrid to fire a £40,000,002 bid on Sep 2nd..

That may not be enough and it may be too late.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement