Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

mosstin wrote: »
    Um, if Suarez wants to better himself do you think he'd be wise to join Arsenal? That is, if you define bettering himself as something other than being in the top 4.
    Obviously Madrid Would be a preferred and better move for most players. But in the event of that move not happening then absolutely Arsenal would be better than fighting for top 6 with Liverpool. No offence meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

klose wrote: »
    I think the suarez saga is clouding a bit of a sad moment imo which is reina is ultimately off, seems like a loan and then permnently next season unless something drastic happens.
    Cant say im happy in the fashion hes going but ill miss him like most others and will be a big loss in the dressing room. Ive high hopes in mignolet stepping up to be a very good keeper and that agger and Lucas will speak up in the dressing room and on the pitch.

Everyones favourite moment here surely?

264019.jpg

Nooooooooo we did the reina thing to death the other day.

That may not be enough and it may be too late.

If Madrid are interested he's their player. That's where he wants to go.

Arsenal are a runner up prize for him tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

That may not be enough and it may be too late.

I'd take anything over £40m from either a foreign club or a united/Chelsea/city at this stage. We'd certainly be worse off for it, but he wants out so there's little point in forcing him to stay IMO. Focus now should be the best price possible to a club, even an English one, that aren't direct competitors for 4th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I'd take anything over £40m from either a foreign club or a united/Chelsea/city at this stage. We'd certainly be worse off for it, but he wants out so there's little point in forcing him to stay IMO. Focus now should be the best price possible to a club, even an English one, that aren't direct competitors for 4th

£50m should be the price.

£65m to Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Good job there seems to be people with a more hardline attitude than this negotiating for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

yeah lets just roll over & give Suarez what he wants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Obviously Madrid Would be a preferred and better move for most players. But in the event of that move not happening then absolutely Arsenal would be better than fighting for top 6 with Liverpool. No offence meant.

No doubt its a step up, but enough of a step up?

If he stays with us he will probably get a move to Madrid, Barca, or one of the super rich clubs in the next 12 months. If he goes to Arsenal now it will take 2-3 years to get the same move. And lets all face it, that is what he ultimately wants.

djPSB wrote: »
    £50m should be the price.

£65m to Arsenal.
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Good job there seems to be people with a more hardline attitude than this negotiating for us.

Well what's the alternative if no one will pay that? Force him to stay? From what we know of his behaviour, the talk of getting his legal team to force a move etc, I couldn't see him playing for the club again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Off topic but i thought it was quite funny - squad lists on the fantasy football website - Spurs have 7 defenders , 3 strikers & wait for it ..... 16 midfielders!

• Advertisement

Fair point, but I suspect he's gone so far towards the exit that he'll be gone this season. We'll just have to see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

We'll see. I will still be surprised to see him at arsenal, but mostly because I don't see arsenal paying 50m. However arsenal are coming out of a period of financial.....austerity....and are better positioned to realize their ambitions than at any time in the past few seasons.

"Better positioned to realise their ambitions". Its about his ambitions now. Not Arsenal's possibles and maybes.

Besides Wenger wouldn't be able to control him. I could see Suarez causing mostly damage at a club like Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Suarez would be selling himself short going to Arsenal. Of course this means I think he's selling himself short by staying as much as I hate to admit it, but he should hold out for better.

Well what's the alternative if no one will pay that? Force him to stay? From what we know of his behaviour, the talk of getting his legal team to force a move etc, I couldn't see him playing for the club again

The club hold the aces here. Letting him go cheaply would be dumb and we are sick of dumb transfers at this club.

If Arsenal want him tell them it's £60m or fcuk off. Madrid for £50m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

At this stage I wish Madrid would come in with their bid and put us all out of our misery.

What are they waiting on?

ush wrote: »
    Besides Wenger wouldn't be able to control him

I don't think Rodgers is quite the Stalin type either. If, and its still a big if, he joins arsenal he'll do well. His ability is such He'd do well anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Arsenal are a runner up prize for him tbh.

No trophies for second place, are there?

Same old, same old for the gooners so then...

murpho999 wrote: »
    At this stage I wish Madrid would come in with their bid and put us all out of our misery.

What are they waiting on?

A transfer request from Suarez in 5 weeks time and get him on the cheap. They're no dummies

5live wrote: »

Same old tired jibes. :rolleyes:

The club hold the aces here. Letting him go cheaply would be dumb and we are sick of dumb transfers at this club.

If Arsenal want him tell them it's £60m or fcuk off. Madrid for £50m.

So keep him otherwise? Personally, I think he's worth more to us then £40m, but if that's all real will pay, do you take that or force him to stay? What if he takes legal action, he can't play for the club if he's taking legal action against them

As for arsenal, I wouldn't even entertain a bid less then the £60m you suggested

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

This is quite ironic to find in the Liverpool forum.

I don't think Rodgers is quite the Stalin type either. If, and its still a big if, he joins arsenal he'll do well. His ability is such He'd do well anywhere.

Nah, he'd kick up a fuss after a 2 years to move to a club that has a better chance of winning something. The intervening time he'd have served a couple of suspensions. Be careful what you wish for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Heard tony cascarino earlier, he said the reason arsenal are so intent on Suarez is that they were gazumped by napoli and real Madrid.

Also mentioned that he is a liverpool supporter, I actually thought he was a Chelsea man!

Also said that he expects Bale to hand in a transfer request before the week is out. If spurs get a ball of money, wouldn't surprise me if there also in for Luis!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Not sure what to make of Suarez tbh. He said he wanted out because the English media were giving him an unfair ride
    Now he is contemplating a move to London :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭klose

Rory smith of the times saying weve looked at luis muriel

Which is one of probably a long list but interesting nonetheless

If spurs get a ball of money, wouldn't surprise me if there also in for Luis!

Thats all we föcking need!

ush wrote: »
    Thats all we föcking need!

It's exactly what we need.

Arsenal, spurs and Madrid all in a bidding war.

We need to get our head around him being gone. Now it's all about the ££££ and getting it done as fast as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Not a hope are you going to prove that Arsenal found that out illegally, they could just say they read the newspaper and saw "Suarez release clause 40m" reported a thousand times, and decided to check it out for themselves.

Suarez's ability on a football pitch is worth 60m no doubt, he's one of the best forwards in the world, but you're not just getting his ability, you're also getting the sh*tstorm that comes with it. If Suarez had never done any of the crazy/idiotic things he's done, Liverpool would have had bids of 60m by now. That's not the case though, you can't deny Suarez's demeanour is appalling, and that does affect him on the pitch because he gets banned as a result. What good is it spending 60m on a marquee player on big wages who could bite somebody's ear, again, and get banned for half a season. It's not going to happen.

If Liverpool had not got that release clause I'd say the offers would be between 30-40million. If Real don't come into the picture, you are screwed. Liverpool can't sell him to Arsenal, if you do you can kiss any hope of getting into the top 4 goodbye for the near future. If Real don't come in the best option for Liverpool is to keep him.

Liverpool should sign Eriksen and a quality CB, maybe his teammate at Ajax can't remember his name. Prove to Suarez that the club are going to try their best to compete for a top 4 place next season. Give it one year and if Liverpool are still 6th or 7th then let him leave.

It's exactly what we need.

Arsenal, spurs and Madrid all in a bidding war.

We need to get our head around him being gone. Now it's all about the ££££ and getting it done as fast as possible.

Him going I'm fine with. The risk of him going to a rival for 4th I'm not so happy about. ;)

• Advertisement

Same old tired jibes. :rolleyes:

The truth hurts, dont it?

;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Heard tony cascarino earlier, he said the reason arsenal are so intent on Suarez is that they were gazumped by napoli and real Madrid.

Also mentioned that he is a liverpool supporter, I actually thought he was a Chelsea man!

Also said that he expects Bale to hand in a transfer request before the week is out. If spurs get a ball of money, wouldn't surprise me if there also in for Luis!

Wouldnt surprise me if Levy got confused, had a look at what Liverpool are doing and tried to sell Suarez himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

kdUUEKz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Pepe Goodbye? Are we Selling him then?

He's gonna get together with Rafa and Xabi to sing Baby come back and i'll cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

^^^^^
    Got any bigger pictures?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

OT Question:

Is Liverpool FC Team Talk the Fastest Thread on Boards?

We seem to go through them in a Month.

• Advertisement

The truth hurts, dont it?

;-)

I'm not gonna take the bait :cool:

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

^^^^^
    Got any bigger pictures?? :pac:

Oh fcuk didn't realise the 1st one uploaded was HUGE . I removed it now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Your point about Ferguson/Ronaldo is moot. He was sold abroad. You think Ferguson would have entertained bids from City/Chelsea for Ronaldo? Would he ****. He's not a fool.

you say this but it's not the same situation, Ronaldo was at a top club and winning premier leagues with utd... he wasn't gonna drop down to a club lower or on the same level like Chelsea or Arsenal in the same league. Maybe if utd were 3rd or 4th he would have gone top the top 1 or 2 in England but in this case he was always gonna go abroad to a bigger club on the continent.

OT Question:

Wonder what the nett posts count is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

OT Question:

Seems to be the fastest in the soccer forum, even faster than the United one? Which is mildly surprising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Seems to be the fastest in the soccer forum, even faster than the United one? Which is mildly surprising.

I'm not Surprised by that.

I don't think they do Meltdowns like we do. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

@tancredipalmeri: Benitez to Sky Italy: "I have received more questions about tactics in 20 minutes here, than in 1 year in England!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Its a risk letting Carragher & Reina go in the one window. Arguably the 2 biggest characters at the club & two of the few players with the proven mentality to be at the top table in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm not Surprised by that.

I don't think they do Meltdowns like we do. :D

Don't tend to get many when consistently winning leagues.

We're just a lot more frustrated than them.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

:D

I find it quite amusing that you doubted sources like the Telegraph and Independent/Times in the Arsenal thread sometime last week when I referenced them, yet despite the content you go ahead and reference caught-****ing-offside.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    :D

I find it quite amusing that you doubted sources like the Telegraph and Independent/Times in the Arsenal thread sometime last week when I referenced them, yet despite the content you go ahead and reference caught-****ing-offside.com.

Huh? Anyway I was just pointing out the media were reporting it, so that's all arsenal have to say, who knows if they were telling the truth,.

Vanolder wrote: »
    @tancredipalmeri: Benitez to Sky Italy: "I have received more questions about tactics in 20 minutes here, than in 1 year in England!

Must have been the year he was unemployed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Its a risk letting Carragher & Reina go in the one window. Arguably the 2 biggest characters at the club & two of the few players with the proven mentality to be at the top table in football.
    we didn't let Carragher go he retired
    Mignolet is a better keeper than Reina

I'm not gonna take the bait :cool:

:)

Just a bit of banter, bud.

But the bids definately woke the thread up though. Not that there was tumbleweed blowing through it anyway.

Best of luck if you get him though.

But i hope his form nosedives if he ends up with a 'loyalty' bonus after all the crap the last 2 years.

MD1990 wrote: »
    we didn't let Carragher go he retired
    Mignolet is a better keeper than Reina

I presume he was talking about leaders. Carra and Reina were probably two of the main leaders.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement