Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 Materials Technology (Wood) Papers Mon. June 17th, 2013 - OL and HL

Options
  • 16-06-2013 10:13pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Materials Technology (Wood) OL & HL
    Monday June 17th 2013

All discussion and questions about the Woodwork papers goes here, following the exam.

Please keep off-topic chat elsewhere.

Good luck all.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

I didn't think it was that bad but I really hate woodwork so much thank god I won't be doing it next year and I got out 20 mins early

Was 'grand paper'
    I forgot my colours at home so my design was not that good, ffs!!!!
    short questions were a bit hard, there goes my A once again out the window :(

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

This isn't related to the exam itself as I don't do woodwork, but why is the subject officially called Materials Technology and then Wood in brackets?

This isn't related to the exam itself as I don't do woodwork, but why is the subject officially called Materials Technology and then Wood in brackets?

Because lol this is what I think anyways
    Materials-in wood we use materials
    Technology-you use technology as well
    Wood- you use wood

• Advertisement

zubikhan wrote: »
    Because lol this is what I think anyways
    Materials-in wood we use materials
    Technology-you use technology as well
    Wood- you use wood

Yeah but maths isn't called Pencils and Calculators (Maths)

lololololool :D:D:D
    That made me laugh so much

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭abcdefghijkl

Materials technology states that the subject involves the use of materials, along with technology. (Wood) shows that the subject deals with the material of wood, whereas (metal) would suggest that the subject would mainly consist of metal as a material. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Huh? :P

Materials technology states that the subject involves the use of materials, along with technology. (Wood) shows that the subject deals with the material of wood, whereas (metal) would suggest that the subject would mainly consist of metal as a material. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Huh? :P

Metalwork's official name is "Metalwork (Materials & Technology)", but then woodwork is "Materials Technology (Wood)". Not following a pattern with their brackets, are the SEC... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭abcdefghijkl

Psh... I don't know why that is, but who cares? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement