Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made a "streetview tour" of some of the historical places in Wexford Town

Options
  • 16-06-2013 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I spent some time putting together a streetview tour of some of the historical locations in and around Wexford Town. You can find the tour here. I'm not sure if there are any places that I'm overlooking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Very good, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭who what when

Excellent, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Very Interesting. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Fascinating, I really enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Very good indeed. One very minor correction needed, there are two "t"'s in Coolcotts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭waynewex

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Very good indeed. One very minor correction needed, there are two "t"'s in Coolcotts.

Fixed, thanks!

Thanks lads. I'm thinking of making one for some of the most prominent historical places throughout the entire county. If you can think of a place in Wexford that deserves to be in a top 10, let me know. The older / more prominent the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

waynewex wrote: »
    Thanks lads. I'm thinking of making one for some of the most prominent historical places throughout the entire county. If you can think of a place in Wexford that deserves to be in a top 10, let me know. The older / more prominent the better.

Hook Lighthouse, Tintern Abbey, Johnstown Castle for starters

Why the Fook can't the tourism board do this?????? Ridiculous

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hook Lighthouse, Tintern Abbey, Johnstown Castle for starters

Why the Fook can't the tourism board do this?????? Ridiculous

My guess is that they probably don't employ the right people. My experience with a lot of the social media types is that they're often more focused on getting Twitter and Facebook followers than generating content.

By the way, I added the old county gaol and St. Iberius Church (didn't know that they reckon there's a very old religious site resting beneath it).

Advertisement