Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube: Plays in Chrome, not in FF

Options
  • 16-06-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests youtube won't play nearly all the vids I try on Firefox but appears to play them no problem on Chrome.
    The obvious answer is to use chrome...but I hate the thing....

It all happened when I updated my BIOS (for no reason at all:mad:).
    I've removed and reinstalled FF twice....updated all my plugin's...and everything else I can think off...

I'm using Windows 7 on an ASUS x5din...

Oh and I tried to install an older BIOS but I couldn't...

:confused: Seem's I know just enough about computers to be dangerous.....

Any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

Have you tried reinstalling Flash? Chrome has Flash built in, whereas Flash needs to be installed separately as a plugin for Firefox. That would be what I would check first.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Yeah tried that.
    The odd time now it's playing the vids but it's taking about 40 seconds to start..playing for 15, stopping for 10 then playing for 15 and so on....

It's not a bandwidth problem because chrome has no problems...and FF had no problems before I started messing with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    Yeah tried that.
    The odd time now it's playing the vids but it's taking about 40 seconds to start..playing for 15, stopping for 10 then playing for 15 and so on....

It's not a bandwidth problem because chrome has no problems...and FF had no problems before I started messing with it...

Try running FF with all plugins disabled expect Flash and see if that makes a difference. I would suggest FF safe mode but then Flash would be disabled. What plugins are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

advertsfox wrote: »
    Try running FF with all plugins disabled expect Flash and see if that makes a difference. I would suggest FF safe mode but then Flash would be disabled. What plugins are you using?

This appears at first glance to have solved it.
    I'll leave it as it is for the time being (plug-in's disabled), I'm thinking I'm not even using most of the plug-in's I have installed.
    I'm too lazy to type them all out just now :o

Advertisement